Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on oil pump ???'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kamots, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Kamots

Kamots Registered Member

Update on oil pump ???\'s

Thanks to all who responded, the oil pressure issue is resolved. I had to make a rescue run after a friend got stuck near his deer lease. As soon as i went in the mud after em blam the gauge died for good. So, scared of killing the engine an pissed at the mud i began to dig me a hole under the truck. At this point my friend thought i was "nuts". He came over with a funny look on his face, well it looked funny to me anyways, upside down under the truck...lol. He retrieved a can of wd-40 i always carry with me outta my gear box, and in a few minutes i was seeing GLORY again. Along with better oil pressure than ive seen on the engine. It usually see's 30 all the time, now i got from idle at 30 to 45 under power. Im back in the saddle again......Oh yea and then i preceded to get behind my buddies truck an pull em to solid ground. Rather anticlimactic but oh well.....thanks again for the responses to the original ?????'s.