Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on Paint Job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well it's been almost a month now and still no paint laid down as of yet. Still probably another two weeks away. It started out as a basic cheap paint job, but then things got carried away. It is now compleatly striped to bare metal all trim and emblems were removed and I have welded the holes up (well one side so far). The old original carpet was looking pretty ratty so I decided it was time for some new stuff well as I was pulling it up it was still damp /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif (no rain in months) and low and behold rusted floor boards /forums/images/icons/mad.gif So I had to think quick like on this one and decided to wire wheel the accused area and lay down a thick coat of POR-15. It's way cheaper than all new floor boards and besides it wasn't rusted that deep. Plus I'm just a wee bit over budget and it keeps the finance minister happy.

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Damn rust /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Sounds like you are going all out on the paint job though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Have you changed your mind on the color or are you still going with Midknight blue?

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I think that midnight blue would look good on that truck, what color did you decide on?

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I decided to go with a basic royal blue and with the lower 10-12" of the body being gray bedliner spray. I did want the midnight blue but it was just to close to the black which I was sick and tired of seeing for 12 years. Oh and the interior will get a compleat revamp in grey as well along with all new seals every where.