Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on the Abused 1983 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by abusedtrucks, Oct 6, 2002.

1. abusedtrucks

abusedtrucks Registered Member

May 11, 2002
    Well, I just got my new pistons in that I was asking about early last month. I got some hypereutectic pistons for a 383 stroker. I also got the new rings, polished the crank, got new heads (went with the 350 heads stamped 882), new headers, etc... Got the whole thing rebuilt and dropped back in it last week.

I took it out for the first time yesterday and it just wasn't quite right. The only thing I can see wrong under the hood is that I'm not getting vaccuum out of one of the ports in my crappy Holley carb. This one happens to be for my vaccuum advance, so without that working, I really have no power.

I put exactly 21 miles on this new motor now, and today all of my bearings in the front driver side lockout went to hell. I thought my tire was gonna fall off. Thank God for the rusty, bent caliper bolts holding everything on, I made it home safe.

I need to know if there is a diagram somewhere of my axle so I know:

a. what parts to order
    b. how to assemble them

I have the junky 10 bolt.

Also, I'm running 35x15.50 SuperSwamper TSL's with 6" suspension lift on my stock axles. I want to go with D60 and 14 bolt combo, like everybody else in the world. Is there any special place to shop around for these parts?