Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update on truck sliders!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, Apr 18, 2005.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Well, I finished them for the cab. I am going to use a separte slider for the bed that will mount up to the supports underneath it. This will allow the cab and bed to move separate still. I used 1/2" plate for that rear mount cause its so long and bolted it where the seat belts are. I can pick up the truck with it with and no deflection!! What do you think? I'm ready for the Toyota Jamboree in Johnson Valley this weekend :doah: Who wants to join me so I won't be the only Chevy??
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

looks good, do you still have the saddle tanks? if so, how well do they clear the tank?

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

looks nice. you won't be the only chevy fullsize there, check out www.scbd.org there going to be there for the event :waytogo:

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

[hijack] How long did it take you to wet sand your truck? Looks nice. :bow: [/hijack]

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I'll be out there friday morning, where are you gonna be camped? look for this truck
    [​IMG]

6. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

That paint job took a while, I probably wet sanded for about a week after i laid it. Laquer is easy to touch up :grin: As for Johnson Valley, I don't know where I will be parking, this is my first time going and I am meeting friends there that will get there late. I plan on being there Friday night by sunset. If you see me come and stop by, I'd love to meet some members from here!

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ah, are you running any trails? Im signed up for clawhammer, its not too bad of trail if you have sliders, i ran it without sliders and my quarter panels got some nice rock rash.

8. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I am signed up for the SUV Run I think. My friends' rigs aren't too set up, but I am definetly down to go do some goofing around, never wheeled much with other fullsizes; maybe we could get some fullsizes together for a later trail ride. It'll be nice to no be the only "big" rig out there!! :truck:

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

There's a whole bunch of us signed up for clawhammer. Should be fun, if we arent all too broken you can watch us go play on the ARCA course.