Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

:UPDATE!: ROAD TRIP, picking up my uncles stolen car in Tx.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I have to fly to Texas in a week or so to get his car that was stolen by his step son who decided he didnt wanna be around when the $800 phone bill came in. HMMM lets see, get chewed out for an $800 phone bill or face a grand theft auto charge? The kid aint the shrpest tool in the shed. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Needless to say the car was prob beaten to a pulp but is said to be OK. I am skeptical.

Ill be going from DFW to Central Fla w/ the car, that I am hoping will make it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Could folks along that way, that wouldnt mind helping out if need be, drop me a PM w/ your # incase I have problems along the way? I am hoping to make a clean run back w/ the car but I am planning for the worst. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Think of it as the CK5 Auto Club. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Wish I could make a "trip" out of it, and meet some of yall while Im going thru, but I have to be back at work on Monday so its gonna be shift driving straight thru. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: ROAD TRIP, picking up my uncles stolen car in Tx.

Well...here is what I can do... If you are coming through any part of Louisiana I have contacts up there as well, give me a call, south Louisiana, I got ya covered...Let me know when you are coming through regardless so I'll know to keep an eye out for ya.

337-344-1585 (cell)
    225-334-3436 (school home)

3. Pure Insanity

Thanx Josh Ill write'em down.

I dont have any details yet, but it will be over a weekend. I think he said fly out Sat. morn. and head right back. Im actually gonna try to get him to NOT go and go w/ my wife or a buddy. I dont think itll be too hard to convince him since hes afraid to fly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

whats the make and model on the car? Dude made quite a trip making it what....24hrs away?

Any idea on a planned route? I can tell ya what interstates to take and not take and what to look for... I have made the dallas trip a few times...

5. Pure Insanity

My uncle said its like 19 hrs straight. The kid made it in a bit over a day. We were all suprised he made it out of Fla w/out having a wreck. He is a TERRIBLE driver. Not crazy or anything like that, he just cant drive.

Its a white New Yorker. The down sized front wheel drive one.

Sometimes I hate being his favorite nephew. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Oh yeah call Steve.... hell help out. GRRRR! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Im not sure of the route yet. I only talked to him briefly while he was at the shop today. Hes made the run back and forth a few times from DFW to where we live so I THINK he has a regular route. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I tried to call him a few hrs ago to discuss this little road trip but as can be expected his phone is turned off. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If you need some help in the DFW area, let me know. I am in a Dallas suburb. I will PM ya with the contact information.

7. Pure Insanity

Thanx Brian, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got your PM but I am running out of time at lunch so Ill reply tonite.

8. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am in Pensacola, FL close to interstate 10. My brother also works at a parts store. I'll PM you my #'s.

9. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

im in monroe, la. ill drop a pm.
    let me know when to expect you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    nathan

10. Pure Insanity

WOW thanx yall! I am getting PMs faster than I was able to reply to them. As I am replying to one I am getting 2 more. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I had to come out here for a few min to check this and reply to anyone here too. Ill be heading back in to finish replying in a few min.

Guys thanx again! My uncle called me a while ago from work and told me he is still trying to find a truck to transport it on and that driving it is a last resort. BUT he has been looking for almost a month now and had no luck so thats why we are planning this.

I wish I could make some stops and shoot the breeze for a bit w/ everyone but I REALLY dont think thats gonna be possible.

MAYBE I will be able to plan where we will be stopping for gas and such and try to hook up w/ some of yall along the road and such. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW its looking like well be taking I-10 for the most part.

11. Pure Insanity

As of right now the trip is on hold. I may be making it in about a month tho so help may still be needed.

I guess Ill make a post when I know something definate.

Thanx to everyone that has shot me their #s for help if needed. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif