Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPDATE:Stolen/Recovered 86 K5.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k2mslskier, May 24, 2006.

1. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Well today was a good day. After all that happened with the theft of my Blazer and the recovery of said vehicle my insurance and I finally came to an agreement today.

They decided to call it a total loss since the estimate for the stolen parts and damage(wheels,tires, steering column, window) came out to just over $3100. What they offered me was $3500 saying that was the value of the truck. I of course disagreed. Asking them where they think they will find a Blazer in the condition mine is in for that amount in Tucson. They said they use some automotive research firm that has a database of over a million vehicles, blah blah blah blah.

So after several phone calls back and forth over the last couple of days I was able to get $3500 cash plus my truck. I ended up paying $400 to get it back. I guess the total tally was just over $4200, minus my deductible, minus the salvage which left me with the $3500. So I'm happy. I get to keep my K5 as well as put a nice chunk of change into it. I'm already looking at a new set of 35" BFG muds with those American Racing Mojave Teflons. I'm also considering a call to DIY for a set of shackle flips. Anyone have any ideas on what else I should do? I'll have the check in my itchy little hands tomorrow.:D:D:D

2. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

YEE HAA!!! I love it when bad news turns good. Take a little time and spend smart. You know the brotherhood can help with Ideas. Have a great weekend and I look forward to meeting you.
    Cary

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sound great! Their (insurance company) isn't putting a salvage claim on the title? Don't let them! Make sure that you have them sign something that says that the condition of the terms is that your Blazer's title isn't changed to Salvage.... They don't have to even with you buying it back... Nothing that was damaged is mechanical and they still have a habit of making it salvage...

4. k2mslskier

Well actually they did have me get a "Salvage" title today, but it's alright. Once I get everything back on all I have to do is get it inspected by the DMV and it will be changed to a Restored/Salvage title. I also checked with my agent and he said it doesn't affect my policy one bit. And since I never plan on selling it I'm not worried what a "potential" buyer might say about it. Both of my kids have laid claim to it.

5. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

That is good news. Did you ever see what your agant listed you blazer for when you got your policy? Make sure this time around you say that the blazer is worth more money after the upgrades. LOL... Let me know if there is anything i might be able to help with. If at all.

Jeff

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Invest some of that cash in a column lock or anti-theft security that alerts you when glass is broken et.

7. k2mslskier

Thanks. I've already got quite a few things planned to prevent it from happening again.

8. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

Dude you need to buy my burb :D . That would be along drive on 42" swampers but they would be nice and round by the time you got home :haha: . I'm glad you did get your blazer back and I hope you build it even better this time .

9. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Right on glad they treated you at least ok now you can get new skids!