Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPDATE to Project BLACK BEAR!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zakk, Apr 9, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Fabbed up the new bubmpers, Painted the whole truck in a thick prmier based paint, and herculined the bed...follow the top link for pics.

I have a write up on the fender trimming coming...

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Cool man I like it ...great job..BTW..good job to your co-pilot and co-worker,rita ...My wife would tell to just get her when I had it done..hehe

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hahah It's fun to get the girls to help. My wife has helped drop engines in (almost dropped on on me when putting in the engine in my Supra) Had he cleaning cylinder heads too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Most of it I do on my own. SHe's going to help when we do the prep for painting her 79.....she doesn't know that yet LOL. Paint on it is not bonded right so I got to strip it to steel.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yup, she is also a great tool go-fer when we are wrenching. This weekend I should be getting the tranny and engine ready to be installed the first week of May.

It is coming along. I found a place for the cage, i just need to find the time...

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

That's Fawkin Beautiful!!! Great work Zakk. I wish I had a buddy who has a paint booth and knows how to use it. I've been primer grey for about a year, your rig inspires me to do something about it.

BTW: "Hootus Juice!" LOL you're freakin killin' me!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

When you get some pics of the bumpers on your blazer post um please.

Thanks
    Ross

7. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

Your truck is really coming along, I think it looks great. Must be nice to have tires, my poor truck runs on cinder blocks. Anyways great looking truck, and keep us posted on the motor. Jesse

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Zakk,

Well now at least I know why I haven't heard from you lately....you've been working non-stop on Black Bear! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

It looks really AWESOME.....I'm glad I've been practicing my welding (wait 'til you see what I'VE been up to!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif) so that I can give that "stack of dimes" look on your steering brace......there's no excuse for "booger welds" on a truck that nice.

PS.... I hate it that I don't get the "Hootus Juice" jokes. You'll have to explain this to me later.

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I will call you today from work. Does tomorrow work for you?? I'll explain the hootus thing/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Zakk,

You're also not going to believe what I'm doing tomorrow.......

I'm going on a JOB interview!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

It's the best lead I've had in the last 11 months....so I am REALLY hoping that this is THE ONE. I'm really tired of paying my mortgage with a credit card......never having any spending money, etc.

So wish me luck!.......I already have "tentative plans" for tomorrow evening, but we could potentially do something this weekend if you're around, or push it out 'til Tuesday ("Welding Night In the Man Space") next week.

I'll talk to you later......

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Cool, what are you running for a lift?

12. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

*crosses fingers for greg!* *does happy dance for greg, too!*

Good luck man! Rita and I will be pulling for ya!

Cool! Next tuesday is even better for me. Just found out my Mom is going under the knife on Thursday and Rita will be staying home to help her out. I'll stay and be the butler/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

6" Mystree Front Springs soon to be augmented with ORD greasable everything and extended shackels.

2.5" add-a-leaf and 4" blocks, soon to be replaced with 4" Superlift springs and 2.5" ORD shackle flip.

ORD stuff was sent yesterday. I hope to install it all this weekend before the Nor-Cal run.

14. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The crystal ball shows 4 big bad clevis attachments arriving at your door in the very near future.....

15. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

That thing is starting to look awesome!

16. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Looks Good and you can see the countless man + woman hours the rig I bet you can’t stop thinking of what to work on next ( I know because I do to ) keep up the hard work!!! and what did you think of the hurkliner ez to install /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

17. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

my crystal ball says it is in the oakland hub/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

18. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

the herculiner was fairly easy. Just remember to cover you entire body. I used cheap latex gloves and that worked to keep it off my hands. The big thing is getting all the dust and grime out. It was easy enuff.

Also cover the tailgate. if you need to step on it with the Hootus Juice on your feet, it won't jack your 'gate.

19. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

That is some of the best looking fender trimming I have seen. I sure hope you post some info on how to do the lip because that looks better then factory. I am also in the market for some additional saw-zal action and would like to try the lip this time.

20. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Ugly? It works, dont it? Thats all the beauty I need.