Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**Update** Where did these pieces come from (pic)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by corey_elliott, Aug 5, 2004.

1. corey_elliott

corey_elliott Newbie

Great site, new user. I just acquired my '87 blazer several weeks ago. I had an '85 back around 1990 as my first vehicle. Loved it, so I acquired another one. Already rebuilt the 350 and have it installed and it is like new engine. Tranny was making a clicking sound so I pulled it last nigt to go through it. I'm not a tranny expert so I thought I'd ask my question here.

I expected one or several vanes to be broken but they're not. I pulled the pump out and found these neat little pieces. Are these the remains of the washer(s) that go in the pump? Would a local tranny shop have a pump in stock that I can purchase as this one is obviously toast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks a ton and I look forward to participating greatly in the future!

Corey in Amarillo

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: 700r Pump... Where did these pieces come from (pic)

Cheaper to find a core trans than buy a pump. I think the pump alone around here is like $400.....

3. corey_elliott

corey_elliott Newbie

Re: 700r Pump... Where did these pieces come from (pic) **Update**

Well, I'm picking a pump up in about an hour for "around a $100". Whatever that means!

I called around town and everyone was between $100-$150 for a new assembled pump.

Hopefully I can get this thing reassembled and back in the truck this evening.

Corey

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yep those look to be the remains of the vane rings. you can get the rings for about $2 a piece (2 needed) but i would make sure the slide is not wore. i would not use a used pump, get one that has been rebuilt. the pump is not that much $$$ or that hard to rebuild.