Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

** Update ** Yearly Thanksgiving Trip To Parker **Updated w/ Pictures *****

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Oct 24, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Parker is upon us, it's the Amigo's 3rd anual trip to Parker.

This will be trip 3 for Fred, Myself and Marv. We usually camp at one of the campgrounds near the river.

We leave out of Phoenix, usually late Wednesday night and get into Parker in the evening, wheel thrusday, friday, saturday, and head home on sunday.

This is a great trip and a whole lot of fun. Fishing in the evenings for the kid, weather is ususally awesome, and they usually have a Christmas boat parade on one of the nights along the river. Here are the details on the boat parade:

November
    27 - 6th Annual Sunrise Rotary Lighted Boat Parade
    Buckskin Mountain State Park is a great place to view Parker’s 6th Annual lighted boat parade. Begins at dusk. 928.667.3231

If you are intrested in going, post up, and let us know what your plans are.

It's a very easy drive/tow. around 3/4 hours.

Looking forward to this trip. Oh and by the way, the wheeling trails are awesome. They opened up a new trail last year and that will be the first one we hit this year.

Rob

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Yearly Thanksgiving Trip To Parker Nov 25th Thru 28th

I am there (you already new that). Gotta do the turkey day thing with the GF so I won't get there till thursday evening /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. If anybody wants to caravan up on thursday (if you can't make it for wed) I would love the road company. I am sure that the wednesday group will already try for a caravan.

Just came back from Vegas that way today. The area looks like an awsome place for rocks.

PS there is a major build up waiting to be tested from the CEE fab-lab.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I should be there. My truck should be there to as long as money and truck are all in good order. If not I will probably hitch a ride with Matt. I am probably going to have to pull the Tday thing with the family so I will probably head up with Matt.

How much $$$ is the camping spot?

Harley

4. FWP

FWP CRS

This SUCKS!...

"River Island Unit of Buckskin Mountain State Park will be closed on November 2nd at 10 PM for construction improvements. This project will be approximately 4 months in length. A grand re-opening date will be announced once determined."

2 years in a row. I love that campground. Oh well....

Here's the main link>>> State Park

5. therobzilla

Fred,

That was last year, they have never revised the website. I called today and they are open this year. They are first come first serve when it comes to the sites.

It's $14.00 per night to camp at River Island. I saw that on the website and said the same thing, then I called Buckskin and asked if River Island was open this year, and they said yes, but they do not have electric hooked up to the sites yet from last years construction.

Very Cool. I'm like you, that place was the best to camp in the first year.

Rob

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

This is another one of the ones I wouldn't make . I get the pleasure of explaining to customers the day before Thanksgiving that I am out of parts to people who should of fixed stoves earlier , then its splitting time between inlaws and parents so I eat twice and get sick , then I get to spend the day after ordering parts for those who blew up their stoves on Thanksgiving as they gear up for Christmas . And to top it off that Saturday is my weekend on /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. therobzilla

[ QUOTE ]
    This is another one of the ones I wouldn't make . I get the pleasure of explaining to customers the day before Thanksgiving that I am out of parts to people who should of fixed stoves earlier , then its splitting time between inlaws and parents so I eat twice and get sick , then I get to spend the day after ordering parts for those who blew up their stoves on Thanksgiving as they gear up for Christmas . And to top it off that Saturday is my weekend on /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That totally bites, this is a really great time, and the area is awesome to camp in. Really going to miss a smoking time. But, someone has to be there for all the boneheads that screwed up there stuff.

Rob

8. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Fred,

That was last year, they have never revised the website. I called today and they are open this year. They are first come first serve when it comes to the sites.

It's $14.00 per night to camp at River Island. I saw that on the website and said the same thing, then I called Buckskin and asked if River Island was open this year, and they said yes, but they do not have electric hooked up to the sites yet from last years construction.

Very Cool. I'm like you, that place was the best to camp in the first year.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif Thanks for calling them man /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am going to make many runs this winter , whether driving or not . Just take lots of pictures on this one for those of us home to drool over /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

What about water/toilets? Oh, and campfires/firewood? I can bring some wood if wanted (heck even if it is not wanted).

11. therobzilla

[ QUOTE ]
    What about water/toilets? Oh, and campfires/firewood? I can bring some wood if wanted (heck even if it is not wanted).

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, they have toilets and showers at this site, and HOT water. Very nice facilities. Fires are only allowed in fire pits, and I just so happen to have a portable on that I made just for this trip 3 years ago. It worked out very well, and kept us all very warm at night. I suggest bringing some firewood, as we burned up a huge amount of it the last time we were there.

I do however suggest bringing a good set of shower flip flops as the floors were kinda nasty in the showers, the showers were nice but the floors were questionable at best.

The weather there the first year we were there was actually VERY COLD, and it rained, very nasty at night. The second year we were there it was COLD not real cold, but it did not rain at all.

Rob

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Good deal. I am really looking foward to this.

13. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Matt,

Do you need anything (parts or help) to get ready for this? I'd be glad to pitch in some time or effort to get you back on the road. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Marv

14. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Matt,

Do you need anything (parts or help) to get ready for this? I'd be glad to pitch in some time or effort to get you back on the road. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Marv

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think I will be okay, cutting it close but okay none the less. I have the 31st, 7th, 14th, and the 21st, along with some half days, to really try and mess things up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I should have at least one solid test run before parker. I will be busy, and the list to do list is growing. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

another run, and another broken front axel for me, darn /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Rob,
    I was just wondering how hard the trails rate. Are there some easier trials? My trucks been though terminator and raw deal but I don't want too much body damage...at least yet. Aslo, I don't have a cage yet. If I get my intake re-done so the truck stops going into limp mode I plan on bringing it. Otherwise I might just show up for camping on fri-sun. Anyways, just looking for some trail info for the guys with less capable trucks.

Mike

17. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Mike I haven't been there either but I am in a slightly different boat as far as damage goes. I would say it will be worth bringing your K5 if it is ready. With your sliders and bumpers I think it can be done. You could have made the Z-turn interminator just fine that night too. pics from last year

18. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

He could have made it for sure but I think he still would have gotten that little kiss about the rear taillight like I got. I think Parker has both worlds of trails. I know it can be done with minimal body damage as Rob told me Fred did it before he gave up on the body. He said some places were a PITA but he made it.

Harley

19. therobzilla

Mike,

Parker is very doable, depending on the particular trail. The trails are not very long and if you chose not to wheel the hard trails, it's lot's of fun to watch. There should be a seat somewhere if you decide to come and not wheel the trail. I'm going to be full as the complete family is going to be there.

Parker at Thanksgiving is just lots of fun. No major push to get up early, and the area itself is awesome in the wintertime. The weather is a little chilly this time of year, but lot's of fun is to be had. The trail that we did not get to run last year due to time, we are going to hit first thing this year, this is a very "Smashing" trail. But the other trails are not so hard, "In My Opinion".

It's up to you, I would risk it but that's cause I have been there two other times.

By the conversations, it looks like we are going to have more than the normal amount of people this year.

Attending that I know of so far:

Marv & Jill Springer
    Rob, Debbie, Joey & Nina Finelli
    DJ & Heidi and maybe there kids
    Fred & Amy
    Mike & Joey
    Harley & Matt

The last few years, it's been Marv, Fred and Me and my kids, but as far as I am concerned, the more the better.

Rob

20. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    The trail that we did not get to run last year due to time, we are going to hit first thing this year, this is a very "Smashing" trail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    But the other trails are not so hard, "In My Opinion".

[/ QUOTE ] there's some fun ones that are cool. I only got through one of the trails (I forget the name) without body damage due to Marv and Rob's patience. [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and Rob, I'll be by myself this year /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.