Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Update...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 2, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay, here's part of my life story for the last couple weeks... I don't want to weed through the forum to find the ongoing saga...

I got my financial aid info from UNC, and I got about $5000 less than I need /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

On the bright side, though, it pretty much eliminates my problem of choosing between out of state 4 year big time college or signing up with the guard and going to podunk little old community college. I go in for the physical at 6:45... it's 11:35 now... I'm tired and will go to bed after this post...

Now the possibly bad news... I remembered last night that I'm supposed to fast for 14 hours before the physical due to the blood work. I remembered it while I was falling asleep last night, sure I would remember today...

Rewind to Friday... I finally went out and bought that Fender acoustic guitar I've had my eye on. With my refunded housing deposit from UNC, I was able to get the guitar, and it's a fine piece of work indeed. I tried to tune it and busted a string today, so I figured out how to change that... And can almost play the first ten seconds of Nothing Else Matters by Metallica perfectly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

So fast forward back to this morning... I wake up, take a shower, change into my CAP uniform, and go down to the high school because I was performing in an honor guard for the special olympics. That went all well and dandy and I said I was coming home and eating lunch. Well, that didn't quite happen. I came home, picked up the guitar, and before I knew it it was 4. My friend called and needed a ride home, but I said I was busy trying to tune my guitar so I'd bring him to my house and he could watch me... So that's what we did... I tuned my guitar and he checked his email...

5:45 rolls around and I still haven't eaten or remembered about the fasting thing. We decide to go to our other friends house and then to Target. But on the way we drive by a house that the three of us are looking at renting hopefully starting in the next few weeks if we like it and have the money... God it'll be nice to get out of my parents house... The third friend says he has to do something at 7, so the first friend and I decide to just go to Target. After we're done at Target and driving out of the parking lot, I say HOLY CRAP... I forgot to eat today and I'm supposed to be fasting for 14 hours before this physical. I had about 12 hours to go... But I was starving and hadn't eaten all day like I said. So I said screw it, if I don't eat I could just die... So my friend and I went to country buffet and I ate like I'd never eaten before... roast beef, ham, spaghetti, potatoes, fish, mini corn dogs, carrots, rice, fried rice, jello, cantaloupe, rolls, and a bowl of frozen yogurt washed down with two glasses of Sprite. That's when I decide to call my mom and see if it will have any ill effects on the physical, and she said nope you should be fine since you didn't have a whole lot of sugar... So that's good I guess... I might just tell them in the morning that I forgot to eat all day and decided it was best if I ate SOMETHING rather than try to do another 14 hours...

Oh yeah, my lift shackles came in on Friday, so my lift kit is once again complete and ready to go.

That, my friends, is the story of my life since the last time I posted the story of my life... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

UNC as in University of North Carolina?! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

UNC as in University of Northern Colorado /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

haha, i was gonna say, UNorthCarolina is quite a trip... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yer darn tootin' it is

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Good god I'm hungry...

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I say HOLY CRAP... I forgot to eat today...

[/ QUOTE ]
    How does one "forget" to eat? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Good lord Carl... Yer gonna stunt your growth doing stuff like that... Eat man eat! Somebody throw that man a cheese burger will ya? Maybe we could have a charity concert and call it Carl Aid!

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Heck yeah... Feed me please...

Once in a while I just have a day where I have so much to do I don't even really think to stop and eat... Or I'll say "Golly gee wiz I'm hungry, but I just have to stop at this one more place, or play one more note on the guitar."

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif