Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Updated board software

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by nocok5, Jul 30, 2004.

1. nocok5

nocok5 Registered Member

I was just wondering if there are plans to update the board software to some of the newer formats. Features like being able to pull up new posts since your last visit would be a nice addition to an already good site.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

To the best of my knowledge, it already does this. At least on mine, all new posts show up at the top of every page. Have you checked your sort order in your My Home?

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Do you mean a feature where you click a link and it lists all new posts in all the forums since your last visit? Personally, I think that would be counter-productive, because there are hundreds of new posts every day and sorting through the ones you don't want to read would take longer than going to the individual forums and glancing at the titles. New posts should be highlighted with a number in parentheses telling you how many posts have been made in that thread since you last read it.

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you mean a feature where you click a link and it lists all new posts in all the forums since your last visit?

[/ QUOTE ]

That feature is at the bottom of the main index page. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

There is a "show favorite forums" but no "show new posts since last visit"

6. nocok5

nocok5 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you mean a feature where you click a link and it lists all new posts in all the forums since your last visit? Personally, I think that would be counter-productive, because there are hundreds of new posts every day and sorting through the ones you don't want to read would take longer than going to the individual forums and glancing at the titles. New posts should be highlighted with a number in parentheses telling you how many posts have been made in that thread since you last read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's what I was talking about. I personally like that feature on boards, but I know what you mean about the volume of posts. I guess I just need to get used to how this board works