Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Updated!!!!!!Just made it fit. Anything I should know after the fact?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well anyone who has been following my post knows that I am putting my K5 back together after the previuos owner dismantled it. Well to update everyone, I have got about 95% of my wiring harness hooked up and zip-tied up, my column changed out to one with a good tilt knuckle, a non-cracked dash pad in, and E-brake working.

Now the reason I started this post, I went to fix my rear window today. I had new guides for the rollers and a new sash(long bar on the bottom of window. Well went ot installe the sash and the hole for the bolts tyo hook to the roller guides were too close together. When you went to roll the window down the guides hung. The only thing I can figure is that the sash was made wrong, it looked like the two plates to bolt it to the roller guide was made wrong becauseone was closer to end than the other. The problem this created is that when the regulator arms were at their widest point the sash caused it to bind because the mounts were too close together. Soooo........... after thinking and not wanting to spend money for a new one and not knowing where this on came from. I busted out the hacksaw, and cut the damn thing in half, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif bolted it up filled the sash with silicone and slid the window in and rolled it up to set. Cutting it in half let me move it out the three inches extra I needed. I will update if this worked or not tomorrow. OH BTW if you don't have power to your window to roll it up and down, take a drill unscrew the cable and hook the cable to a reversible drill. This works great if you are working on the window with the gate down. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif saves the trouble of trying to trick the cut out switch. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well, hooked the drill up to the cable and crossed my fingers. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The window ran up and down just like it was supposed to. Now I have just got to get the wiring run back from the switch and that secton of my harness will be done. Now all I have left is wipers and some small interior wiring and my harness will be done. Everyone had been very helpful here in helping me figure out this wiring harness. Glad to be a member /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif