Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*** Updated Pictures W/ Blazer ***

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Aug 18, 2005.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

Added pictures of my shakedown trip this weekend

I made the decision, I was not going to deal with the older one I bought last month in CA, so I found a 1990 Lance 11.3' slide in truck camper.

Here are the listt of eminities on the camper, it was a great deal, I paid $2,500.00 for the camper total. Not a bad deal, and it works great, we took it out about 2 weeks ago, for a 4 day trip, and loved it, no complaints at all.

Sleeps 5
    AC/DC/Propane Fridge/Freezer works great and keeps ice-cream hard.
    Air Conditioner, Microwave, 4 burner stove, and oven, flush toilet, shower, water filter, double sinks, Fantastic Fan vent, ice box, hot water heater, 12000 BTU furnace, double propane tanks, 1 small rv deep cycle battery, and a Kohler 2500 KW generator that works and runs everything in the camper at the same time.

It was real dirty when I got it, but after a few days of cleaning it's in great shape.

Best part of all, no leaks at all, not even close. It holds 46 gallons of water 22 gal gray water, and 28 gal black water.

I have mounted it on the gooseneck; I will be finishing the boxes on the sides hopefully this weekend.

Here are some preliminary pictures of it mounted on the gooseneck. YES, MY BLAZER STILL FITS ON THE BACK OF THE TRAILER, I HAVE ALREADY TRIED IT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Thats just damn plain sexy Rob :D

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

$$...... :ignore: :D

Marv

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

How did you go about securing it down to the trailer bed? I'm curious because when it is camper time I need to decide whether or not to sell my BP Flatbed and go with a gooseneck w/ a camper, or keep the BP and put the camper in the truck.

Thanks

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, I got a comment, where you storing it? Got an address? ;)

Very nice Rob, wish I had a place to store toys like that... <bow>

6. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

MTMike,

In order to mount the camper on the deck I had to build a 10" deck spacer, due to the plumbing and generator hanging down lower that the actual bottom of the camper. I attached the camper with a angle iron attached to the camper and the deck spacer and then I built the sides to help support the camper and screwed them into the camper. This method works very well, it moves around a small amount but only rock from side to side, and only a little bit.

In my opinion it a little scary towing a bumper pull with a camper on top of the tow rig. I had this camper in the back of my dually and it swayed like a tree. Way too much for my taste. I could not even imagine towing off the hitch with a big camper in the back of the tow rig. I know it's done, I looked into doing it with Torklift kits and the Torklift extension for towing, but it just was a little too scary towing with out a trailer and the camper in the dually.

Just my opinion, I have seen it done may times, they must just get use to the sway after a while.

Rob

7. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

I liked the Mork camper better. :confused:, it had more character. But this one does look pretty clean.
    P.S. Are you selling the ebay one? :ears:

8. FWP

FWP CRS

:haha: :bow:

That was my first thought :ignore:

9. google

google 1/2 ton status

There is a flatbed with gooseneck like that here in Casa Grande for sale down the road from me for 1700.

10. FWP

FWP CRS

Snap some pics of it, if you have a chance. For 1700, I highly doubt it is anything like Rob's. But in case I'm wrong, and whoever's selling it doesn't know it's worth, let's see it ;) .

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Now the side boxes will be 10" taller than the old one correct? I like it, but it looks awful heavy. I think new tires are in order before BB (just my .02)