Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPDATED!! Testing the waters...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Sep 2, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Update - The wife and I made a decision to keep the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif for now AND get a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif as soon as we can! She is WAY cool with my hobby (more like obsession!) and doesn't want to see me heartbroken because I had to sell my '74 to get a burb. Is she COOL or what! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif So with that decision came the mutual approval to do fix it up and get it travel worthy. WOOT!!!

I'm thinking of selling my '74. The more I think about it, the more a sub makes sense. I'd LOVE to keep it and tunr it into a trail only rig, but I don't have the funds for that. I need opinions and ideas here. Also, maybe even some suggestions on price. I've dumped a ton of cash intot he thing and I'm still not done, but I may sell/trade it for a burb and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm thinking $3500 is a fair price for a RUST FREE full topper??

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Testing the waters...

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifI would just get rid of your kids... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [ QUOTE ]
    I'm thinking $3500 is a fair price

[/ QUOTE ] Sounds fair for what you've put into it... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i dont think your outa line at all with 3500...you may even start at 4000 just cause it looks so good....

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hell if i had $3500 id buy it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I might know someone that would buy it just to he wouldnt have to build one himself... the lazy fawker.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    lazy fawker.

[/ QUOTE ] Now you got me thinkin /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, Hey Shane do your blinkers work???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yup! Believe it or not, everything installed works correctly! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The only thing that I don't have working right now is the AC. That may change this week though! I took it out to do some work to the top end of the engine and never put it back. I have all the pieces and parts, I just need to put it back and charge it up. Then it should blow ICE COLD! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The only major mechanical thing is that is has an oil leak at the front of the oil pan. I am going to try to get that fixed within the next couple weeks. I cant stand oil leaks! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Anyway, if someone is seriously interested, I can put together a list of all the new parts/mods, and a list of what it needs. The need list is actually pretty small and easy. The want list is HUGE however! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Burb.......... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

Seriously, depends on your needs.........you know I went thru this, and have not once regretted it. Love my Burb.

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

*cough* /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif *cough*