Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***UpDated*** Where to mount MSD under hood?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DuneRunner, Oct 11, 2001.

1. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Well last night I installed my MSD 6A in about 2.5 hours.
    The hardest part was mounting the Dang BOX. I ended up takeing off the small grill under the windsheild, and mounted the box up above the heater hoses. I put it all together and took it for a test run and once I got on the gas I could tell it had better throttle response. Once I figure out the proper gap I will let yall know about the Gas mileage later when I can do it on a long trip. GO Easy and many thanks to Phillip at MSD he is a great guy (he even was able to call me at work and help me out.) "Philly87 on CK5"

Later KEN<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by DuneRunner on 10/16/01 08:53 AM.</FONT></P>

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Where to mount MSD under hood?

I did mine on the firewall around the heater in a 85 with a/c barely squeezed it in and only used 3 of the mounting holes...making a mounting plate sounds smooth as well

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Re: Where to mount MSD under hood?

Cool :) thanks for the good words. The Box that I got didn't come with mounting hardware (got it from a friend) What hardware did you use to mount. Just some sort of self tapping screw?

Thanks Again. KEN

DANGIT it's not a bronco!