Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

" updated " WOULD YOU be concerned?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Aug 14, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

\" updated \" WOULD YOU be concerned?

First & fast short sum of history: I have custody, why? becuase my X-wife is a fruit thats been in & out of mental instsiutions. she cannot leave the children with or live with anyone without first providing me with thier information or full name at the very least by court order, for very good reason,/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

story:
    My now-wife calls me from work this morning and says she couldnt sleep all night, she had nightmares all night that she could hear my 10 year old crying (he is at his moms for the weekend )and could not find him and it was a creepy dream. So feeling that perental instinct that something just isnt right, I called to say hi to my 2 boys and see how thier visit at thier moms was going. Immediatly he says mom has a new roommate. So we chatted and aparently she knows him from "her group meeting" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif so spoke to her and said
    "so I hear you have a new roomie" in a pleasant voice and she immediatly goes into DEFENSIVE MODE and starts twitching back with
    " what f%$#ing buisness is it of yours, you need to not ask me sh**" so I replied with
    "I was just going to ask who, but..I have a legal right to know if the conversation MUST go this way, and by not providing it you put your visitation in serious jeproady" and I asked for his name and she freakin TWEEKED and screams
    " why so you can do a background check on him, I'll give you nothing, F***OFF!!!"

Now Im no genius folks but would you be concerned if there was that much PARANOIA over asking for the persons name? Seems that she would not have freaked out so bad if there wasnt a reason to be concerned about me knowing anything about this person /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: WOULD YOU be concerned? ( parents & divorcee\'s )

Get the kids away from her. All she had to do was give ya a fake name but her freaking out is a good enough sign to get them out of there.

3. uglychevyZZ4

Exactly, but Im stuck til this Monday, Then Ill be drawing papers to go before the judge on Contempt Of A Court Order & Contempt of a Parenting Plan /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I can however stop visitation until the matter is settled, which I dislike but she has put the kids in harms way so many freakin times its ignorant the court hasnt stopped it all together. Ive tried and after $19,682.00 and couting, this is what I am gratefull for so far, she gets every other weekend. It just dosnt make sense that if it was a MAN breaking the rules theyde be strung up in a minute but if a woman does it they just get ANOTHER warning, IF THAT /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd speak to a atty. If this guy is "funny" you may be able too get the courts involve over her visitations. If nothing more they will do a background check on her new roomate. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Get the guy's name from the kids. Run a background check on him. If he's got a car, run the tag. That could give you a real name to check. Don't mess with her visitation without a lawyer and if possible a court order. That would technically put you in contempt and with some judges hurt your ability to help your kids.

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Fred

6. uglychevyZZ4

YEE-HAW!! Plate # /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I never thought of that!He drives a PINTO, now I know he's a coot /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif The kids only know his first name is Monty, and he has a Pinto, and says that its a classic hotrod /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I, by custody papers wording,
    "Can stop visitation if there is an aparent or immediate concern for thier well being, be it mental or physical, or the custody agreement is being violated in any way shape or form by the mother, or anyone they are subjected to be in the immediate presence of during the visitation."

so im in complete clear since she is difinetly breaking the order by refusing me his information.

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WOULD YOU be concerned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totaly !
    Kids need A father and A mother.
    Preferably, maternal - but there are exceptions.

I don't have any kids myself, but that doesn't make my perspective null-and-void. As I have several freinds with children (some married, some not), and have dated afew laidies with children (some with "weekend" fathers, some without).
    From the out side, looking in.......
    I'm here to tell you - the differnce in the children's atitudes, disposition and overall well being - is obvious.

It's really opened my eyes. I see how important it is, now.

Do what ever you have to do - to get her to sigh off her visitation. Kiss her ars, pay her off, court orders, what ever you have to do. You and your current wife (I pray she is a good woman) - is where your children ought to be.
    Kids don't need this crap in thier lives !

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

**Of course, I don't know her so I have no idea what she's normally like...

Now, that said, I don't think I'd get super worked up about this as I'd expect her reaction to be the result of a bitter attitude from being on the losing end of the custody arrangment. I'm not saying forget it or don't check the guy out, I'm just saying she may not be hiding anything - just pissed.

Still, I'd carefully get the kids back and follow your instinct of checking him out. Be carefull about alerting her about getting the kids back, you don't want to inadvertantly put them in harms way be freaking her out.

9. uglychevyZZ4

The reason I havent tried to downgrade visitation to no overnights or to supervised is because she has made some very small but ligitimate steps towards the posative but she still is trying to live by her own rules, and Id really hate to be put in the position to give my kids a reason to be angry at me, the divorce was very hard on them, and the 6 yr old was 2-3 then and still has diffaculty with it, and since he is so young it would hurt him deeply, so im very cautios to make very thought out decisions that are not destructive!!!
    Yes my wife now is a solid anchor of reliability in thier lives and a very sweet loving woman, more than theyve ever had before, or could ever find.
    My X wouldnt sign off visitation, she is the kind of person who is so messed up that having her kids to show people is the only thing that makes her look worthwhile to know, too bad she had nothing to do with what great kids they are /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif theyre like trophys for her to show off. very sad.

Question, once I get a plate # how do I get a name from it? My attorney will get a background check within 2 hours but I dunno how to get a name from it. They CAN use just the plate # but its more work for them, meaning more $$$ for me to pay /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    It just dosnt make sense that if it was a MAN breaking the rules theyde be strung up in a minute but if a woman does it they just get ANOTHER warning, IF THAT /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN, brother /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

i have been divorced twice; in the first, she got custody, when/if i missed a child support payment by changing jobs or whatever, the attorney general's office and her would be calling me and my parents threatening to send me to jail, take away my liscense ect for non-payment /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    (as a side note, it ended last may early because i had overpaid it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif)
    now in the second divorce; i got custody, she hasn't paid anything since 98 and only made about a 1/3 of her payments in 97 (divorce year), and yet they don't worry about it since she is the woman /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the fact that a woman is so heavily favored by courts is sickening in my opinion.

12. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the fact that a woman is so heavily favored by courts is sickening in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed !

13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'd be concerned. Sounds like maybe someone has a guilty conscience.

If you went to your local PD you could show them the court order and explain the situation and maybe they could run the plate for you. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Funny side note on license plate numbers. I grew up in a rural area, and the county used to put out a book every year that listed all the plates numbers and who the vehicle was registered to. My parents used in all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'd call your non-emergency phone number for the police, explain the situation and see if they can help get a name for you from the license plate. The worst that could happen is they say no. You could probably go to the police station too, with copies of the court order and such to prove your not some wacko Pinto stalker.

15. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

I asked a friend that was a cop here to run one for me. simular situation.

16. uglychevyZZ4

Ok, I met the guy & turns out I know him, I went to school with him for a few months......12 years ago /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I did however remember his last name and Im glad because 12 years ago he was a dope head flunkie, and I know he is very new at being clean right now, if at all, and has been driving my kids around with no liscense or Insurance /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I basicly said do it again and Ill stick that Pinto up your a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif I have no idea where the last 12 years has taken him but I wanna check..

Seems that on the Washington State Patrol criminal background check website you need a birthdate, as anywhere else Ive looked [​IMG]anyway around this?