Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Upgrade features

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Dec 7, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just a few things about the forum and photo gallery upgrade

First thing is that I still have lots to do and I am cleaning a lot of files directories from old versions etc. at the same time so not finished yet.
    I am looking at a few things to make administration/upgrading easier for myself so might get rid of some thing and ad other elsewhere.

Just wanted to tell you about a few major improvements right away, there are many more.

1. The forum now uses a read marking system that will store what posts you read in the database, this is the one thing that everyone missed from the old software, now we have it. I have it set to save your read history 10 days out, didn't want to have it take a bunch of db space and if you only show up once a month etc. you would have forgot what you read anyway, we can play with that setting if we have to also. :wink1:

2. The paypal part of the software now accepts recurring payments, what this means is that it will auto renew for you. At any point you can cancel this through your paypal account. If you don't want recurring payments at all you can still signup using credit cards, I left that option non-recurring so everyone has a choice.

3. We now have a spell check option, click on the "abc" graphic when making a post if you want to download the software that it uses, I haven't used it yet but you at least have the option now.

4. Expanded search feature now supports "Natural Language" or "Boolean" search.

5. Just upgraded the photo gallery, Members can now upload video clips. :D

These are just a few improvents, I am still working on things and will install the reply to hack etc. just takes a little time. When all the functionality is finished I will then replace the standard "theme" we have here, welp back to work.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Where did the "reply" button and "In Reply to:" line go?

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

DID YOU SAY VIDEO CLIPS :D :D

AND YES I"M YELLING

keep up the hard work Steve.

Jesse

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey!!! Quit wasting time posting and get back to work- you still have lots of things to fix up, Boss!!!! :deal:

Looks good, Steve. Your upgrades always make CK5 that much sweeter. We appreciate your efforts.........:bow: :bow: :thumb: Especially Z3PR- he's gonna LOVE the spell checker!!!:haha:

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Did you not read the last sentance where I explain that I haven't installed that yet? :eek1:

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ooooooooooooo!
    [​IMG]

Guess i'll have to get off my Duff and become an official MEMBER again:D