Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Upgrade to 6" Lift, What else will I need?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Dec 6, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Upgrade to 6\" Lift, What else will I need?

I have a 4" lift now with 35x12.5 bfg at's. Blocks in the back axle wrap like a mofo, so I wanna get rid of it and lift it a little more, so I guess I will go with a 6" system with all new springs all round. What else will I need, it looks like the brake lines are plenty long enough, dunno about steering components, gonna plan on a ord brace dunno what else I will need there. What kinda systems are out there for 6" lifts, Skyjacker or Superlift seems to 2 that are talked about the most and will they come with all the needed shims etc to completely do the job or am I gonna end up with a 6" new spring lift and have it sitting in the driveway ordering all the needed parts I don't know about now? hehe, trust me its my luck something will go wrong. I would prefer a "system" that includes all the shocks etc and I would like to not have a bouncing all over the road when I hit a bump ride.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Re: Upgrade to 6\" Lift, What else will I need?

Think about a shackle flip out back with 2 inch springs, a lot of people have that combo and like it...its what i am saving for.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Re: Upgrade to 6\" Lift, What else will I need?

Ya, you will probably get more flex and a better ride with a shackle flip and a 2" spring.

Also, I bought a SUerlift Kit and they have the shims on the front springs already on their Superride springs(Superride is the way to go with Superlift).

I got blocks in the rear so I am not sure if their rear springs come with shims or not.
    Depending on which brake lines you have, if you get into articulation, you may want to get longer ones.
    Also, if you do not have your driveshafts lengthened, no is a good time or for the front you can buy a 1" spacer. I have been running a stock rear shaft for a while now, but I need a new front u-joint(on the rear shaft) about every 6 months or so.
    I got normal 6" lift shocks with mine(Superlift), but also if you get into articulation, might as well get the 9012's now and make mounts, no sense in buy (2) sets of shocks.

that is about all I can think of off the top of my head, if I think of anything else I will post it. :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com