Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

upgrade to windshield wiper pump/motor ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, May 30, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

is it possible ? i have bought several junk yard motors and they are all junk. one thing or another wrong with them. several of my friends with our same type of vehicles have things wrong with theirs also. i bought a 8.00 dollar pump from wal-mart and it seems to be working, but for how long. a new system (original) replacement is outragously priced any where. another problem is the spray tips have a tendencey to clog or grime up or even corrode. is there an easy answer besides manual cleaning.......?....... i know somebody is going to say it !

2. Den

Den 1/2 ton status

Darren... first off.. Im loving the top... but about your problem.. as I recall.. back in the day the GM cars had a push in filter in the end of the pick up tube for the washer

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

good to here it, better yet that you got the bows for free. keep me posted. havent got the rims mounted yet, saving up for 35's.

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I installed a late model pump on my '74. It's the type with the pump at the bottom of the fluid reservoir. It takes the same signal to operate and seems to work real well. I got mine off a wrecked 'burb in a slavage yard. Use it once a week or so and it should stay clean.