Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

upgraded puter tonight...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Prembird, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Just got done doing a major upgrade on the puter tonight... just went from a amd k6-2 500 mhz to a amd tbird 1.3 ghz... Also now my memory reads like it is supposed to... use to read 256 meg.. now reads 384 meg...

I still need to go and get DDR memory and replace what im running now.. and need to get a 20 gig or larger hard drive still...

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif so how do you like it now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Congrats/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Athlons ROCK!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif. I just put a Gainward 128MB GeForce 3 ti200 and a new Moxtor 30GB 7200rpm HD in my comp the other day/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Sure beats the snot out of my old Raedon VE/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. Have fun with your new system/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

im loving it more every day... glad to be out of that accent 500 mhz box... didnt use hardly anything out of the old box... well almost nothing... will be putting it all back in when i get my ddr memory and hard drive..
    Also just got a 10x sony burner from my bro in law today.. I had a 2x till now that shot craps on me... so i can burn again also... all in all i got a decent system started.. now i just got to finish it..

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Cool..
    I just started ordering new parts for my new system. I'm building a HTPC / LAN party system. Just got an ASUS A7A266 mobo, Duron 1GHz (can't beat it for $40, will replace it when the price of XP's come down) and Thermaltake Volcano 7 HSF. I'm still waiting to buy: Antec SX800 case, window kit, 40 GB ATA100 7200RPM HDD, 256 MB PC2100 DDR, ASUS I-Panel and I plan to add the ATI All In Wonder 7500 and Sound Blaster Audigy. As you can see I still have a long way to go, but it will be worth it.

6. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

cool.. computer upgrades are always fun... A few months ago I went all out and replaced my pentium pro 200mhz (dual cpu) with an athlon xp1700+, a new shuttle spacewalker motherboard, 256mb of DDR etc etc.. I love it

btw, since when can you run non-DDR ram in a DDR required system?

mike

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

The ASUS A7A266 mobo that I have has slots for both SDRAM and DDR, I just can't use them both at the same time.