Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Upgrades needed to run 44's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TB2Blazer, Apr 21, 2005.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Just kinda probeing here wanting to know what kind of upgrades I would be looking at if I wanted to run 44" TSL's. I know I would have to upgrade to either a d60/14ff or d60/d60 axle combo with somwhere in the vicinity of 5.13 or numerically higher, a driveshaft upgrade, and do a full hydro steering or hydro assist but what else is needed? I've got a 85 K5 with a brand new 350 in it, six inch suspension lift, three inch body lift, 40" TSL's on ten bolts (I know I'm retarded working on gettin one tons), trimmed fenders and thats about it no major steering/driveshaft/drivetrain upgrades. Its going to be used primarily on the rocks. The reason I ask is I just wanna get an idea of how much all this is gonna cost me so I can figure out a realistic time when I will be somewhat finished with upgrading to where I want it. That way I can have some specific goal to work towards.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You better go get that second mortgage if ya want it done right away .....j/k

You pretty much summed it all up to run 44's , axles/steering/gearing .

Some armor and bracing would be nice .

Could take days , weeks , or years , depends on cash flow and your spare time . You could do it in stages as well .

Can't really put A REAL pricetag on it , some stuff can be had for more or less , but figure in the thousands after tires , wheels , and parts if you go new and outsource fabbing stuff like bumpers etc .

Hang around here and do lots of reading , you can get lots of ideas and help here .

Good luck :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  3. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yeah I'm planning to do this over a period of about three years so I'm just taking it one step at a time.

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

If you wanna run 44's and like peelin' out (which I doubt if you are currently running fotees on 10 bolts) you will need some chromo front shafts, CTM's, and Crane knuckles if you want to keep it together for a weekend of wheelin.