Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

upgrading my suspension lift. gotta a few questions.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigjblazer, Jun 15, 2002.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

I currently have a four inch suspension lift with blocks in the rear. I just purchased a new 6" all spring lift, and will be putting 0-rates all the way around, using the Hill 4WD front lift shackles and placing a 2 in block in the rear. Therefore netting 9" lift in the rear and 8" in the front. I know that I am going to have to reroute the exhaust to get the front driveshaft to fit, I am also going to get both shafts lengthened. I already have new stainless steel brakelines, and the raised steering arm. The only other thing i can think of is that I will need some degree shims, and possibly the drop drag link. Please let me know if im forgetting anything. Thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Boy that's a lot of lift. Not much mud around here ya know. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Well my big concern is getting a front drive shaft to work at all. Your going to have to do about 4 Degree's of shim atleast. Probably more. The problem is that is going to royly screw up your caster angle and make that truck bump steer all over the place.
    Well the Drive shaft shop on 41 across from Threeway campers can lengthen but like I said I'm not sure the stock CV is going to be able to handle it. Not sure if that guy can make anything approching what Jesse at High angle Driveline can. Probably need to orderwhat you need from Jesse.
    I would cut off the purches on the rear and reset your pinion that way before I would mess with that much shim on the rear. Not that hard. Going to need to relocate at least the driverside shockmount on the axle end. Probably get away with leaving the passenger side and turnning the driverside up at the same angle. That or go with the over the axle set up like Steve has. Mo Offroad outfitters has a kit if your not into fabricating that.
    I asume your going one ton gear cause thos half ton sticks are not going to stand a chance against the size tire you can fit with that much lift.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes they will. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'm runnin that much lift and 35s.

4. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

the rear 10 bolt is definantly gettin swapped out for a 14 bolt this summer. And if i can get my hands on a dana 60 for the front, that'll be goin in too.

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

If you put a D60 in the front, it's 3/4" taller at the mounts than a 10B. So you may want to rethink the zero rate in the front.