Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Upon much requests...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Sep 27, 2006.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

Well, I havent been on CK5 for a while and when I posted pics of my rig in another thread I got quite the response. So I decided to post a build up of my truck.

I got the truck pretty much stock other than a set of 33s with a 4" block lift. It didnt take too long to blow up the stock rear 10 bolt and come to hate the rear suspension. Here it is after the 63" springs were installed with the new 14bff added for strength. It was still on 33s though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

I then got pretty tired of always getting stuck with the 33s so I decided to step up to some 40" Boggers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. PsychoticDeadGuy

I did the 52" Spring swap in the front and inboarded the rear leafs and just loved it. It flexed awesome! I took it wheeling quite a bit how it was and soon the hate the rear leafs that I put so much time into.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PsychoticDeadGuy

I had to trim the fenders next and I got a little carried away!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PsychoticDeadGuy

Now its time to work on the links with Air Shox and the cage!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. PsychoticDeadGuy

Well I got my bender and started work on the front section of the cage. I still need the inner roof bars and the V in the windshield and some gussets and such. On to the pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PsychoticDeadGuy

Well, I am still waiting on my lower link pieces to show up. I did some work today on my truck, I got the air shox mounted, well, one of them. I ran out of welding wire before I could finish welding the passenger side. Heres some pics for ya!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And if your wondering about the different pieces of tubing on that flat piece, it was sleeved on the inside to make sure it stayes strong.

8. PsychoticDeadGuy

Well, The 3-link with panhard is almost complete but I just got bored with welding and decided to flex it out, just because I can. In the pics, the driver side shock can still droop another 2 inches. It is missing one of the links but it was good enough to flex out. I should be getting the Nitrogen here pretty soon and I just need to brace up and finish welding everything and it should be ready to drive again. Well, here are the pics that I have as of right now. Its really looking good and coming together fast.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. PsychoticDeadGuy

OK, well after a long break, I finally finished my 3-link setup last night. I am still waiting on the nitrogen for the shocks so It will sit about 5-6 inches higher in the rear but it all works good. I should have some flex shots next week or earlier hopefully. I still need to align the rear end and just finish up some small things but thats should be it for now. I gotta finish welding up my cage and I will be "good to go"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. PsychoticDeadGuy

Well, I havent put pics online for a while but here it goes. These are a little old but worth adding. This is right after I charged the shocks, I decided to flex it out and yet again the cherry picker wouldnt go any higher but I am sure you understand that I built this rig to FLEX!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And yes thats a full 38" of TSL with about 6" of a gap between the top of the TSL and the bottom of my Bogger!!

11. PsychoticDeadGuy

Here on some pics of last Sunday. I had a blast. I made it about 1/3 of the way through Hell's Revenge. I am still the only Full Size to make it that far, let alone the only full size to ever try it. The only reason I had to get out of there was because of a busted Heim Joint! I had fun trying to ratchet stap the axle in place just to get it home. And yes I did drive it all the way home with straps holding the axle straight.
    Here are some pics of Alana and I waiting for Brendan and Nolan. too bad you guys never made it up here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. PsychoticDeadGuy

Well, now onto the good stuff. Me gettin mine in the creek of Hell's Revenge!! In the lower left hand corner of the first pic shows the stump that I dropped off of and ended up flopping onto the passenger side. It was a good 4-5 foot drop and it hit pretty hard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Looking good:D

14. PsychoticDeadGuy

So, if you havent noticed, I have spent too much time over at Pirate4x4.com and I no longer have a cherry DD. But the truck is awesome!!

15. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

HOLY CRAP!!!

What happened to it!?!?!?

I guess you can no longer have a Sheet Metal Gang sticker

16. PsychoticDeadGuy

Sheetmetal is overrated. The pics of me in that creek is known as a Jeep Only trail, some toyotas can get by but I am the only fool-size to ever even try it. Sheet metal is just more of an obstical that I need to get around if its there.

I do plan on tubing out the entire truck when I can save up the money and I want to hang the fenders and stuff off of the tubing. But right now, I need to fix my frame, uinder the steering box, then go beat the crap out of it even more!! Then I am off to school for 9 months!!