Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Upper Peninsula of Michigan Fall Bog

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by CyberSniper, May 30, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This year the MTU Fourwheelers are having their Fall Bog Saturday, September 18th. We usually have 40-90 competitors and twice as many spectators.

I suspect the fees will be the same as last year, $15 to compete and $5 to spectate.

Things you need to compete:
    Helmet
    At least the factory seat belts
    Fire extinguisher
    Solid front and rear tow points

I'd tell you the classes are set in stone but we're switching them around a little bit. Usually we have stock 34" and under, stock 34"-38", modified 34"-38" (anything with more than two engine modifications gets bumped up to this class), normally aspirated 38"+, and open (nitrous, supercharged, and turbocharged vehicles go here as well as non-DOT tires). Like I said, they're getting switched around to make it less dispute-prone.

The bog itself in the past has been rather deep and gooey. The only people that ever made it were the ones in the open class and they were timed, the rest of the classes were based on footage. We're planning on making it more navigable for the smaller-tired vehicles (31" rubber usually made it about 30' in the past).

Fall Bog 2002 pictures
    Fall Bog 2002 video clips
    Fall Bog 2003 video clips

[​IMG]

2. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member