Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPS delivered my 6X9's tonight

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got the Infinity Kappa 693.7i , now I need too order the 4 channel amp wiring kit. Already have the Infinity Kappa 462.7CFP in the door, and a Phoenix Gold Octane R5.0:4 4-channel amp. + the MMATS D200hc pushing a single 12" Kicker L7. I'm telling ya, right now I'm not in a big hurry too install, too damn cold outside for me. This is for the dailly driver. [​IMG] Should sound pretty good. Gotta have a sound system in the car I'm in everyday !!!!!!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Decided too wrap the Infinity Kappa 693.7i up and put them under the tree. They are my Christmas gift to myself this year.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No comments about the Infinity Kappa 693.7i's ?? [​IMG]

4. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

They're bright. You'll have plenty of treble. :D

Kappas are notoriously bright speakers, even for a metal tweeter. Some people like that about them, some people don't. Hopefully you are one of those people who do. :) Im sure you'll like them, they'll belt out the tunes no doubt.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I do like bright highs. I've got the lows taken care of, have Infinity Kappa 4x6 plate speakers in the doors and love the sound quality from them. I listoned to a set of 693.7i's on a sound board at a car stereo shop and really liked the sound quality. These had a good all around sound. Just need too figure out how too release the factory speaker grills in the rear deck of the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero.

6. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Do you have anything to cover the subbass?

Personally, I would put the bigger and louder 6x9's in the front and the smaller 4x6's in the rear, as I prefer the front stage to be the strongest as per real life (you dont listen to concerts or live performances with the band behind you), but some people prefer the stronger speakers in the back as GM/Ford/etc intended.

Keep us updated how your system comes along. :)

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This is in the Alero. Sub bass is covered buy a single 12" Kicker L7 powered by a MMATS D200hc. I replaced the door speakers (2-door car) with the Infinity Kappa 462.7CFP 4X6 plate speakers. Soon too install the Infinity Kappa 693.7i 3-way 6X9's in the rear deck. Have a Phoenix Gold Octane R5.0:4 4-channel amp too power the Infinity Kappas.

8. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. :waytogo:

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I certinly hope it will, LOL.

10. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

looks like you have all the bases covered! it's gonna sound sweet.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, still need too do something about the rattling trunk lid, but I'm waiting for warmer days for that. All I'm after is a great sounding audio system in the dailly driver. I'm not going too compete in audio drags or anything like that. The Alero is just basic transpertation, but does get used for roadtrips each year, as well as shorted trips every week locally. Factory stereo system just doesn't do it for me.

12. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

For the trunk lid, I recommend applying spray expanding foam where applicable (to keep seperate panels... well seperate, and not vibrate together) and one layer of good sound deadening mat (preferrably butyl rubber based). Should solve your trunk rattle problems. Also check your license plate holder, as they are notorious for rattling and sounding like a trunk deck (coming from same area). Keep us posted. :)