Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPS just delivered my Dart intake manifold

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

and guess what, .... yeap, you guessed it, emory cloth time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Need too clean up some castings. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

I have heard some bad stuff about those intake gaskets. What I heard was that they didnt make any difference when new and eventually the screens came loose and trashed a motor, but that is just "I heard from a friend of a friend" kinda thing. The carb on the other hand rocks, I love demon carbs!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I have heard some bad stuff about those intake gaskets. What I heard was that they didnt make any difference when new and eventually the screens came loose and trashed a motor, but that is just "I heard from a friend of a friend" kinda thing. The carb on the other hand rocks, I love demon carbs!

[/ QUOTE ]I've used those gaskets in the past on a few different engines and never had a problem with them, but I could see it happen. Probley just go with a set of Felpro, cheaper. For a cam, I'm thinking [ QUOTE ]
    249-CL12-211-2 Magnum 270H Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft & Lifter Kit
    Lift: .470''
    Duration: 270°
    RPM Range: 1800-5800

High performance. Biggest cam with stock converter. Use lower gears. Mild rough idle.

Operating Range: 1800-5800 RPM
    Duration Advertised: 270° Intake / 270° Exhaust
    Duration @ .050'' Lift: 224° Intake / 224° Exhaust
    Valve Lift w/1.5 Rockers: .470'' Intake / .470'' Exhaust
    Lobe Separation Angle: 110°

[/ QUOTE ] This is for the El Camino. I'm still waiting on the World Products Sportsman 2 intake for the K5.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ought to be a potent driveable camino /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ought to be a potent driveable camino /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Well, it will be. Planning on building a 327, close to 11 to 1 compression. a 700r4, and a posi rear with 3.73 gears. But like everything else, it'll be awhile with my low to no budget. Bills come first.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I need to build something fast, crawlings fun but you need some speed thrown in at times /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. What heads you going to run? I remember you were talking I think Sportman IIs, but I forget.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Decided to go with these. Normally go with whe World Products heads, but because of the higher compression, I'm going with Aluminum Cylinder Heads this time.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

And I'm thinking one of these. and 8 of these /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

What tranny are you going to run? The reason I ask is because I'm going to make one of these for my Demon on the blazer.

[​IMG]

I could make one for you, but I am running a TH400. So, I'm not going to make a tranny kickdown bracket. Let me know. I'm working on finalizing the design now. It will be made with 1/4" aluminum plate. I can tell you it will be cheaper than the $75 that Holley wants for theirs. I can even engrave Z3PR on it.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

700r4

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

So you would need a tranny kick down huh.

I just didn't like the way I had to rig up a throttle cable bracket. So I saw these made by Holley and decided to make my own. The regular brakets at the local Checkers won't work because of the way the base plate is.

Let me know if it still might work. I'll get you a finished product drawing.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thats really cool of you. It'll be quite a while, I'm still in the parts gathering phase. Smaller items will be tords the end. But I'll get ahold of you when the time gets nearer (When I'll have some more money to spend)