Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UPS Sux ** updated **

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I got a box with 2 front springs /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif a box with shocks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif a box of hardware /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and 1 rear spring. Tracking shows 4 of 5 packages delivered. All 5 went out on the truck yesterday AM. I called em and there not sure what happened to it. Said they would look tonight when the truck gets back in and call tomorow /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif How can you loose a leaf spring??? It looks just like the other one they delivered. Common sense says they'd stay togheter since they look the same and are going the same place /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I took next week off and was gona spend a few days working on my truck. If my spring dosent show I'll have to attack the honey-do list /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: UPS Sux

U = unusually
    P = poor
    S = service

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i've gotta tell you, I'm kind of a fedex fan. They don't lose as much and they'll take anything. Back when we were building tube doors, we'd just zip tie them together and send them out with a sticker on them. Try that with ups! And the last 4 boxes I've gotten here off the ups truck have looked like hammered dog sh!t!!!!

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You'll get em... they do stupid stuff like that from time to time. At least they didn't destroy what you got. The 3 times I have had someone ship to me FedEx they items were destroyed. Maybe I had bad luck, but 3 times.... sheesh. They were rude too, not even helpful when I wanted to make a claim. So for me, while UPS can be retarded, at least when I get my stuff, it's in one piece... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm a FedEx guy myself. UPS has always been a major pain in the arse when I've had to ship something. Fedex is very easy... But then again, I'm paying them, they're not delivering to me...

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Common sense says they'd stay togheter since they look the same and are going the same place

[/ QUOTE ].

Actually when the truck that picked them up gets back to the building they get unloaded on a belt and everything gets routed and sorted individually. Heavy or unusually shaped stuff like springs can't be sent through the automated system, and are moved to trailer and to truck manually, and stuff gets separated. I see it all the time, and I bet your other spring will show up tommorow.

We are working to suck a little less every day. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    UPS has always been a major pain in the arse when I've had to ship something

[/ QUOTE ]

At least we don't wear purple shorts /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Stickseler

If my springs arent here tomorow I'm gona scream /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Stickseler

OK UPS Found my spring. They broke the center pin /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I called Stephen before they found it and he contacted TCI and they are shipping me a new one 2nd day air so it'll be here monday. Good thing I'm off next week.

I have to say everyone at ORD has been very helpful in this. I e-mailed them that my truck would look funny sitting 3" low in the rear corner and they said to stick a block of wood or anything in there so my truck looks good until the new spring showed up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I finaly got the spring...it was a 3" instead of a 2.5" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

And UPS brought my broke spring also...they ran over it or somthing...it's all screwed up its about 3" longer and 2" shorter than the first one /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif