Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Urban wheeling!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Oct 10, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can imagine the call to his boss.

"Well sir...to be honest, these limo's could use a little bit better breakover angle."

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

and i though my sub was bad.

should have been driveing this

Limosine_huge.jpg

4. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

that thing actually has a front driveshaft!!! :eek1: :eek1:

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Now I've seen everything!

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We've got somethin like 8 of those stretch Fords and whose slew of Hummers. They get kind of old after you see a bunch. We're so very cosmopolitan round these here parts doncha know. :haha:

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The latest was a BMW XUV or whatever their wannabe wheeler was last night , as a limo on the Eastside :rolleyes:

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That truck would be great except for the 482 point turn needed to get it out ofthe driveway. :D

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

go faster!

He'd have no problem if he'd gone faster!..(SCRRRAPE!) :D ...

My friend fixes similar Limo's at his shop quite often.(they have to be fixed outside--no lift in town is that long!).I helped him put a fuel pump,and a steering box in one about 2 months ago-(the steering boxes wear out fast in them from all the multi point turns!)-after it was done we took it for a "test drive" during lunch hour to McDonalds!..we coudn't get it to turn sharp enough to get thru the drive-thru! :haha: --had the whole parking lot gridlocked trying to get it out of there and parked! :blush: talk about your 43 point turns!!..that thing is like driving a barge in a creek!..NO turning radius at all!-.

I asked the guy who drives it how the hell he turns it around at the airports he always brings people to in it--he said "I just cut the wheels all the way,floor it with the brakes on,release the brakes,and it spins around !--just enough room not to touch the curbs!-but I don't do it when my boss is watching! ":haha: --I drove it about a mile in a straight line--it felt like it was "crab tracking" to me,like the rear end was in the other lane!-- :eek1:

I pulled over and let my friend drive the rest of the way back--no way would I take a job driving those things in a place like Boston... :screwy: It beats me how stock 215/75/15 tires dont pop on those things either--load rating on them was just over 2000 lbs,and I bet the Limo empty weighs 7000 lbs! :eek1: --if I overloaded my truck like that,I'd get a ticket! :doah: :confused: :crazy:--and it beats me how a 4.6 V8 pulls that barge around for 100,000 miles too! :eek1: