Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

URE trip, nice and quiet

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by GotLabs, Aug 2, 2006.

1. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Took my nephew and daughter to URE yesterday and today, had a great time as usual. Yesterday we ran Dutch John and Falls dam (both ways), camped on Falls dam, really dry. Got up early this morning cooked some groceries and ran Dickey Bell, Daniel then broke for lunch and a shower. We checked out all the other campground/picnic areas in UNF, picnic'd at cove boat ramp. Ran Rocky Mt Lp and Slabpile, rained a little so the dust wasnt as bad this afternoon. We were going to spend the night again, but I managed to loosen/jack up my rear axle drain plug, beat it tight with a hammer and punch, couldnt get a wrench on it. To top that, my PS pump has been whining, a lot, for a few weeks now well today I smelled it and sure enough it has dark grey fluid in it. So needless to say, I convinced my daughter and my nephew that we were done trail riding and should head home. It was a great time over all, with hardly any traffic, only saw one stock s10 blazer on falls dam last night, and two 4 wheelers today.

It was hot, Africa hot!!!! and dusty too.

Saw a wasp nest in one of the FS billboards, thought it was kinda funny.

Surprised myself making it all the way up Daniel with no winching and stock tires. Only permanent damage I managed was scratched driver rocker on Falls dam. Oh yeah, it was HOT!!!

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good photos!!! That 1st Gen looks odd though.........is that a major sheetmetal mod? At least ya didn't "find" a yellowjacket nest!!! You'll be be missed Saturday!!!

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That place looks awesome. One day.......

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh, about the 1st gen..............its still in the garage waiting for its debut appearance. Hopefully by Thanksgiving.:rolleyes:

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I have got to make it back up there before the end of the season.