Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

urgent engine oil question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k20, Jan 22, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

ok, i just got my truck back and it was quart low so i added some (im running 10w-40 btw) and so i grabbed oil off the shelf in our garage and poured it in. As im puttin the cap back on the empty bottle i notice its 15w-40 and in little print at the top it says engineered for diesel engines, should i drain it and refill it, or just not worry?

2. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

there only dif in the two besides there weight is that the desil oil has a better anti foaming agent its not gonna hurt in that sense but the mixing of the 2 weights is ?able its up to you id let it go if you dont drive it alot but thats my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

There should be no problem with the heavy oil.... Unless it gets very cold (10 deg or less) even then there should not be a big problem, it is mixed 6:1 with other oil. If you are worried next time put in a quart of 5/30 just to even it out. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif