Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

URGENT!!! have I put the oil in the right hole......? (pix)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kia, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

Hi all,

[​IMG]

looking a the above... I have put it into the (2) hole, which is on the top of the diff, and it has a tube that has a filler.

but searching this site has told me to put it into the (3) hole.

can someone please clear this up for me as I'm in the garage and I have to get this sorted by the end of today.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kia.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The (3) hole would be correct, you need to fill the diff until oil starts to come out the (3) hole then put the plug back in.

3. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

BUGGER!!!!

so what is the (2) hole? coz I have filled (2) hole up with oil!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The TUBE is for the vent of the diff...for the release of hot air. You can prolly fill it there, but will take forever. Somewhere close there is a square headed plug in the diff, that is the normal place to fill it. Prolly #3 by that diagram /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What muddytazz said, just remember though that filling it through the vent hole won't hurt a thing but without the (3) plug out you will have no idea if it is full or overfull.

6. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

THANKS GOD!!!

I have filled it up into (2) but as I was just checking the truck outside it's starting to come out of the (3) hole so I'm guessing it's ok then.

YES it did take forever to fill it up that way but at least I know I haven't done any damage by putting it in the wrong hole!!!! lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thank again guys... next time I'll check before I mees anything else up /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

pic not showing up