Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Urgent help needed, on a truck issue...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 2, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sep 3, 2002
    Sorry that i am double posting this but I really need some input.

My Dad's friend sprung a bad oil leak and a misfire on his 1989 Bronco II. I looked and determined that it seemed to be the intake gasket. So I pulled it apart, through an intake gasket and a few minor things I saw along the way in the truck.

Well I put it all back together and now it won't start. I figured, maybe I stabbed the distributor wrong, or maybe the plugs are fouled from oil getting in the cylinders. I did a compression test and all the cylinders seemed decent for a 130k engine (150psi all around). Anyway, I was cranking and cranking, no backfiring, just a little puh puh puh out the exhaust. Then suddenly it popped once. It popped the PCV and the dipstick right out. So it built crankcase pressure or directed pressure down there somehow.

Any thoughts on this? The guy would like to pick it up tomorrow and I'm scratching my head...

Been at it, getting the damn thing done for the last 5 hours. Shouldn't have taken me this long and I always hate those jobs and want them gone!

It is 1:30, my brain is fried, and I'm tired. I have to be at work at 8am to work on yet more cars, so I just need a break from thinking. I haven't even checked for spark yet. Any input is appreciated.