Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Urgent - I need a u-bolt measurement today if possible...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am installing some springs on the rear of my K5 and I need stock u-bolt measurement for a K5 with 12 bolt rear. Could someone measure their u-bolts, the measurements I need are between the threads (housing diameter), length from the inside of the U to the end of the bolt, and I will need the measurement from the end of the bolts to the end of threads (thread length). I know the bolt diameter is 5/8" I need these ASAP because I am trying to order them locally. Most GM dealers dont carry these either. Thanks in advance. Plus if you have info - email me at work npickett@burnsmcd.com

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. FWP

FWP CRS

It just so happens I saved my old U bolts, 75 K5 12 bolt.
    3" tube diameter (Inside measurement of U bolt)
    7" bottom inside of U to top of threads
    3" thread length

A spring suspension shop should be able to make what you need.

[​IMG]

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer,
    If you haven't already got your ubolts, St. Louis Spring will make ANY size ubolt- even "while you wait." I had them make my front set last Friday for $7.05 each. They will look up the original size for you....and they are probably made and waiting for you on their shelf. They're located downtown by the Fox Theatre. Call them.
    314-533-2132
    todd