Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

URGENT! Need help from someone in the Winston-Salem, NC area!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LittlePig, May 14, 2002.

1. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I have found the truck I want, and I need a TRUSTWORTHY soul to be my eyes and ears (and hands) and go check the thing over for me. I need you to be trustworthy because I don't want this one bought out from under me (not that any of you wonderful people would do such a mean thing, but with the way this truck is set up...).

Additionally, if I indeed buy this thing, I could really use some help getting it up here, as in meeting me along the way, like around DC or Baltimore. I live in NH, so any help I can get will help immensely, though if I have to I can drive down and back. Please PM me or post here. I will monitor and get in touch with you as soon as I see something.

Please help. I know this is a wonderful community, and I have been here long enough to see some great support fom its members. I hope I can earn something close to that support. Thank you.

Little Pig

2. stan2d2

stan2d2 Registered Member

Re: URGENT! Need help in the Winston-Salem, NC area!

I don't know if this helps you but, I'm heading down that way next Saturday(5/25/2002) for the Coca Cola 600. The hotel I'm staying at is in Winston-Salem. I'm from Mountain Top, Pa.(Wilkes-Barre, Scranton area) Let me know if I could help.

3. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

If I don't get any replies from any locals, I may take you up on it. Since you aren't local, all I would ask is for you to be a proxy for me, and check out the truck I am interested in as though you were buying it. I will give it another day or so. The truck I am looking at is just a little ways north of Winston-Salem in Germanton. If that is too far, let me know. Basically, all I would want is for you to make sure the thing is in good mechanical shape, and the body isn't turning to swiss cheese. Let me know if you can do this. If not, no problem, I will try something else.

4. stan2d2

stan2d2 Registered Member

I don't see it being a problem. But I know next weekend is a little ways off. If you don't get help from anyone else I would be glad to check this out for you. My e-mail address is in my profile. Let me know the specifics. Good luck. I usually check the forum in the early afternoon or at night. I work 2nd shift.

5. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Is there no one in the area who could at least check this truck out for me? If it is anywhere near as good as the seller says, I will drive all the way down to get it. But I really need someone who is willing to stop by and go over the truck to make sure it is as the seller says it is. The truck is located just north of Winston-Salem in North Carolina. If there is anyone local to the area, or who is willing to stop by I would be in your debt. If at all possible, it would be great if this generous person could swing by this weekend to do the once-over. It shouldn't take more than an hour to go over it. Please post or email me or PM me asap so I can get the address for you.

6. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Dawson444 lives in Raliegh I believe. I am 2 hours away and so is Sapper. I know he and I both can be trusted to look at it without buying it, as our wives would kill us. Check with Dawson and if not, maybe Sapper and I could work something out.

7. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I completely forgot about Dawson. I chatted with him enough and helped him with enough tech questions I should be able to get some help back from him. If I can't reach him, I'll ask you guys. Thanks very much for offering. I'll get back to you probably later today or maybe tomorrow morning.

8. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I work in High Point, which is just south of Winston Salem, and stay in either Greensboro or Winton Salem depending on which hotel I feel like patronizing. I would be happy to help you out, but I am only in the area during the week. I go home on the weekends. Let me know if I can help you out.

Brandon.

9. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i live in greensboro, email me bout it
    later

10. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Big_B you have a PM

11. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Confederate, you have mail.

Big_B, if Confederate comes through, I won't have to trouble you about this. Thanks for the offer, both of you.

12. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

bttt, still looking for someone who can help me out, preferably before the weekend of the 25th (I don't want this one to get away if I can help it).