Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

URGENT **READ NOW**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Sep 10, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have just been informed that I have exceeded my bandwith and am being charged for the extra amount, it is more than I can afford, thats what I get for doing everything for free I guess. I will need to find a new server ASAP, in the mean time I will not have time to answer many e-mails and I am putting a freeze on posting readers rides, I may also have to turn off the feature of uploading pics. This site is getting close to 1/2 a million page views per month, yet it has been very hard to find advertising, most companies want to advertise here for free, I just can't do that and keep this site up. I will survive some how, but I need advertising dollars, if you work for a company that can help, please have them contact me ASAP, my prices are the cheapest on the web, just click on the advertise link on the main page or click here. http://coloradok5.com/advertise.shtml
    I will get everything worked out as soon as I can, sorry for all the bad news, I am not very happy right now.
    I am at the make or break point at this stage of the game, and I will make it work!!

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

2. Sorry to hear that Steve, we can all get a little money together I would think !! How much are we talking about on a monthly basis?

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, Steve, I think most of us here would be willing to chip in to make ends meet, whether it meant a one-time deal or a token monthly charge..........Heck, I've saved myself a few grand in frustration alone by coming here. Keep us posted, bro'!

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I agree with the rest!! How much do you need? monthly? yearly? This site is WORTH paying for and I'll be happy to help out!!!!!!!
    You figure it out and don't be shy I think you'll be surprised at the response!![​IMG]
    Don't give up man. There are sports teams that don't get the numbers that you have created, but even if some of these advertisers don't see that I think that as a K5 community that you have brought together we can find a way!
    Don't think that you are alone in this. I can't speak for everyone but I will help in any way that I can ($). I have Visa , I am invincible[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

6. CK5

Thanks for the offers guys, but I think I just need to take some time and focus on finding a new host as well as finding advertising revenue, it just means I will not have much time for responding to e-mails posting readers rides, that sort of thing. Please bear with me while I sort this out, trust me CK5 will be much better in the future and I am not going anywhere in fact I plan on growing this site to epicidemic proportions and then taking over the WORLD (a little Pinky and the Brain). I could not believe it when I received that email on how much bandwidth I was useing, I will get unlimited bandwidth at the next host!!

[​IMG]

7. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm also a memeber of http://www.thirdgen.org and the exact same thing happened there. It got too big! They should be back up this weekend maybe. Anyway when it's back up you can probably read all about what the administrator did to get it back up and email him for suggestions. It's also a great site for all us Firebird\Camaro freaks.
    Laters

73 Topless Blazer

8. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I have faith in you, but if you need a few $$ for a patch until you can get things worked out somewhere else I am sure that we can all chip in a buck for a bandaid.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Steve I own four websites with 1Gb monthly transfer limit and 20Mb disk space each. They are currently inactive because I haven't started those projects yet. If you need any of that bandwidth, I'll be glad to help....free of course[​IMG].

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

10. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

Steve................REALLY.............if you need some extra cash to keep CK5.com going, just say so! I really can't imagine life without my CK5.com fix everyday!!!! This site is the first thing and the last thing I look at everyday!!!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!

11. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Steve, seriously, several of us would be willing to support this site.

You could do it the way many arts/non-profit groups do. Have some type of "honor roll" of supporters web page, just to note those who support the site. Contributions oculd be individual or corporate. Many of us support other organizations on a voluntary basis:

Platinum = $1000
    Gold = $500
    Silver = $250
    Etc....

PS: What's the mailing address for our contributions?

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

12. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

This site is one of the few that I have seen that is worth paying for. If we need to subscribe, count me in.
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

13. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

NARF!!!!

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

14. bushwacker

bushwacker Registered Member

Say the word Steve, we are here for you.

15. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Wow, this is shocking news. But, whatever the plan is fellas, you know you can count the Boss in. I'm down to do whatever to help.
    Boss

[​IMG]

16. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You have my support. I like this forum. Keep us posted if we can do anything.

18. CK5

Your fine on your websites, but it would help if we did not upload pics to the forums.

[​IMG]

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I just had an idea for the CK5 slogan- how about "ColoradoK5- Bandwidth Needed!" Just joking around Steve..........keep your chin up, we're all behind you!!!!

20. River

River 1/2 ton status

Count me in to, i don`t like it to see disapearing this side it give`s so much information and fun.
    If you need help or anything keep me informed and i will do whats in my limits.

Greetings from River,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "33, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R