Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

URGENT......TRUCK WON'T START

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLUESMAN, Apr 7, 2002.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    URGENT......TRUCK WON\'T START

HELP please....my K/5 is up around Crown King and it won't start.The battery is good, but it won't turn over(starter), no click no anythinmg.I think it might be the ignation swithch.Any other ideas???She's down in a riverbed,about 2 miles from the main back road.

2. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

Re: URGENT......TRUCK WON\'T START

are you getting power? if you are, make sure you have a good ground. just becuase you are gtting power doesnt mean you have a good ground. you will be able to tell if your negative battery cable starts to heat up. all it is doing is basiclly only contacting a a small point. also, if you think its the ignition switch, you can hot start the starter by touching the connections together at the solinoid. (you will probably get spooked by the arcing but it can be done). if you still are not getting it to turn over, you can try banging the starter with a heavy hammer. what this does is to clean out some of the dust of the brushes. try one or try all. they dont cost you anything.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I agree, check your negative. Bring another with you too. It could be not making contact on either end or even be burned/corroded in the middle.

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

I already tried the hot wire trick...it was a no go.Everything is cool it was just the starter.It's home!!!!