Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

URGENT

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by berg76, Jun 24, 2004.

1. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Does anyone in the St.Louis area have a 4.10 r&p still installed on a carrier and pinion housing for a 14bff thats in decent shape???? and are willing to sell it? I dorked my pinion nut threads up installing new bearings... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Otherwise Ill hit the junk yards tomorrow.

Thanks!!

jason

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Yep.
    I have a real nice 4.10 14BFF set still installed on an open carrier and still installed in the pinion support housing. I also still have the pinion housing shim. This set should be plug and play for any 14BFF.

How soon do you need this?
    We have plans to head out to Fulton Sat afternoon for the Nightcrawl and CCC club meeting on Sun.
    Maybe we could meet Sat morn...you could then get your rig ready to wheel @ Fulton on Sunday.
    I'll PM you my cell.

todd

3. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Thanks Todd!! Your a lifesaver. Ill ring you tomorrow morning. My k5 is my only transportation. I was replacing the pinion bearings when setting the pre-load I somehow removed half the threads on the pinion gear for the nut. It was my first time doing work on a diff so Ill blame it on lack of experiance /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would love to get it running again and go wheelin with you but I have to move my brother down to Perryville on Sunday. So I hope I can get it installed without any more road blocks /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

~Jason