Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

US Mail stamps will be 37¢ soon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by StoneyK5, Jun 11, 2002.

1. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Yup, went to buy a couple books of stamps and the price goes up 6/30/02, so I just bought a couple new books, since I've got some 34¢ ones left. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Bastards !!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif </font color>

3. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Thats just wrong!!!!

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">They keep saying that they lose money every year to the internet, That's funny ... Is send more mail now with the internet than I ever did before ! E-bay is a big reason for that ! Cry babies ...... I guess 25 bucks an hour isn't enough for postal workers ! </font color>

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

yeah but they gain alot of work too right. People meet on the net then send sh!t they bought through the mail like we do.

6. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Mail lady told me it was because of the 9/11 thing and the anthrax mail.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Figures... they raise prices and lower the quality of service. I love how the post office is a monopoly (well for the most part) yet they are losing money. They have very little competition in paper mail. Package wise they do have some competition, but not that much it's killing them. But I don't get how they are losing money? There's never more then one person working at the desk when you come in to send stuff so it can't be on staffing. If the volume of mail over all has gone down then the cost to process it has gone down. You can't pay more to process what isn't there. Kinda like a school isn't gonna buy lunches for students it doesn't have... the post office isn't paying for processing of letters it doesn't have either. It's a bunch of BS and they know it. The people running it are idiots and screwed up big time and now as usual expect us to save them. I am getting tired of them and with the exception of some bills and stuff I will not be using them. Who needs their crap. I don't and hope enough people hit so hard they have to get a clue....

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Don't candy coat it, Steph ...tell us how you feel ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif </font color>

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ROTFLMAO!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Bastards.....LOL!

11. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

They are crying because they can't compete with fedx and usps. I don't think this will help.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

usps isn't that the US postal service, do you mean UPS or am I missing something...?

13. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

My post office horror story:

When I was in Saudi Arabia I sent my Dad a cool silk rug that I had bought from a guy at a bazaar. When I shipped it home, I PAID EXTRA for $300 insurance. Months go by and no sign of it. After I finally come home, I go to the post office with my receipt for the insurance and tell them I want to file a claim. They say OK, here's the paperwork, do you have a receipt for the merchandise you insured? No, I say, no receipt for the rug. The guy I bought it from hardly even spoke english. They then tell me that "You can't make a claim if you don't have any proof of value." I say, "But what about this insurance that I PAID EXTRA for?" They say, "You still need proof of the value of the package. If we didn't require that, then people could over-insure their packages and make money off of us."

I argued a lot with them after that, but it was no use. This simple minded feeb wasn't going to be swayed by mere logic and right-thinking.

My most recent encounter with them involved me shipping a pair of Pontiac cylinder heads (each in it's own box) I had sold on e-bay. After I give them to the counter droid, he takes them to the back and I hear a huge BANG each time he takes one back. He was just dropping them onto where ever they had to go. I guess when I told him they were fragile, that meant something other than what I thought it meant.

&lt;rant&gt;
    I've since decided that the entire US postal service is comprised of overpaid incompetent idiots that are worthless to perform any function aside from respiration and procreation. It is my sincere desire that the entire organization be whisked away by aliens for their zoo. I'm sure some advanced civilization would like to own the most inefficient and incompetent organization in the charted regions of space and time.
    &lt;/rant&gt;

14. Djroffroad

Oops, ya, UPS.. They probably compete against them selves though too.. LOL

Stupid goverment run crap....

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">You all know the Post Office is a big scam by the government that is in place to hide the marijuana drug flow through the United States, right ?

Sorry, I just wanted to beat somebody to the punch ! LOL ! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif </font color>

18. Djroffroad

There's a good conspiracy for you know who /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Exactly ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif </font color>

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

SHHHHH!!!! or green will show up!and start with how hemp makes better paper to write on... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif