Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

US Marine Calls Public Story of Saddam Capture Fiction

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Mar 10, 2005.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Saw this story several times this morning. Truth or the next great conspircy theory?

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.

Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the Saudi daily al-Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army.

"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou Rabeh said.

"We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of Sudanese origin was killed," he said.

He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said. Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/iraq/saddam_capture_fiction_says_marine.htm

and

http://www.13wham.com/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-9E60-21C8818788D4

Pentagon reaction here -

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43217

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think this story is the biggest crock of sh_t I've ever heard.

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

"Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon."

F**king traitor and a liar.

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I wonder why he's not in the military any longer and I wonder why he chooses to live in a country that is largely anti-American? How long do you think you or I would last in that country without getting kidnapped or killed unless we had something in common with the terrorists......Im thinking the radical Islamic bug has bitten Mr. Rabeh........

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Correct Me if I am wrong but wasn't it the Army who captured Saddam and not the Marines. Sounds like BS to Me.

6. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Now I can possible see why the govt would lie about capturing him in a hole instead of a gun battle, but why would Saddam complie with the hoax ? Also did he get that filthy and scraggy in one day ?

Total bs. 4th ID and SF captured him