Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

US military radio antena.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by chevblazk5, Jun 2, 2003.

1. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Will a 16 foot high voltage military style antenna work with any radio? I found a whole system kit on Ebay and I was just wondering if I could use it with my RCI 2950 radio. I e-mailed the seller with this question but he wasn't sure.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you have a military radio to go with it, then it will work fine. But antennas are tuned to operate at a specific frequency, so the antenna has to match the frequency range of the radio that it is going to work with.

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

If its a 1/4 wave vertical it probably works around 37MHz.

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Let me know how you like your 2950. I've had one in the truck for about a year but haven't really had much time to play with it.

Smitty

5. chevblazk5

The seller didn't know much about the frequency of the antena. So, I guess I'll go back to my 102" whip.

6. chevblazk5

I like my 2950. I bough it from a dozer operator about a year ago. The radio has been played with and I know that the power output is in the 70+ watts range. PO also added a tone board. I had a hard time finding a repair shop few months back to replace the finals. Everybody told me that the radio is illegal and that they would not touch it. To make the long story short, the radio is still on my desk with bad finals. One of my friends just bought a new 2950 and he likes it.