Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

USA6x6 inserts... FREE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Oct 3, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    THANKS TO DANIEL AT USA6x6 FOR SPONSORING OUR EVENT THIS SPRING! YOU'RE A GOOD GUY IN MY BOOK DANIEL! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I won a $300 GC from USA6x6 at the spring run this year with the Midwest K5 Thing crowd in Arkansas, I decided to use it on these inserts!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think!??? I'll have the choice to keep these and run them - or run a set of magnesium runflats. I'll be running my 42" TSLs with my Hummer rims that should be here in a week or two.

What would you guys suggest? I often thought I'd run the mag. run flats... because they shouldn't bind with the 42s unless I run something like <4-5 psi.

So, I'll leave it to you all. What do I do!???

[ QUOTE ]
    THANKS TO DANIEL AT USA6x6 FOR SPONSORING OUR EVENT THIS SPRING! YOU'RE A GOOD GUY IN MY BOOK DANIEL! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

2. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

You paid $300 for those? I could have built ya some for 30 bucks

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You paid $300 for those? I could have built ya some for 30 bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it again! He said he won them. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Dan, those look like those big plastic pipes they use in plumbing and sewers, etc. True? If so, how thick are they and whats the diameter of them assembled? I may talk to my bro-in-law and see if he can get me some from his work for cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dan, As you know I am running my 42's on hummer rims with the mag runflat/beadlock. I haven't experienced a problem so far. The only issue I have trying to get them balanced. Do you have a set for Magnesium runflats already? If not, then use the inserts. However if you do, then I would recommend running the Mag's. I like the way they bolt together better and if you have to you can still run on the wheel until you can get to where you can repair the tire.

6. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    those look like those big plastic pipes they use in plumbing and sewers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Resemble is about it, Sewer lines have no business being that thick and new sewer line is green. Water line is blue unless its small stuff, meaning not a water main. Useless info. I know but hey..... what did you expect /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Here's my only problem man... If I were to air down low enuf to binf one of the tires on the insert, and I killed a tire that way... I'd be ULTRA pissed. Ya know? Nothing like killin a perfectly good 42" TSL! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Whats the harm in running these inserts really? Nothing that I can imagine!??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-Dan

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

KO Maybe this is a stupid question but, all that I've heard about these critters is that they're used in Hummer rims that are split, right? So why do these pvc sections come in two pieces per wheel?? Honestly I don't know I'm just curious. Thanks in advance.

Allan

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I run them in my usa6x6 civilan double beadlocks. They are not regular PVC that you can buy anywhere.. Daniel as them made special for him in 2- foot sections.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Dan, who moved your centers on your rims, and to what BS did they move them?

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I have those inserts on my Hummer wheels with 42s. Apparantly he has sold tons of them with no problems so far.

12. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

lol those are 300 bucks normally thats funny

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

There are 8 of them in that pic, so that works out to less than $40 each. Not too bad, really. Try finding PVC that size and see what it costs, then add in the amount of time it takes to cut them up and make the connecting plates.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    lol those are 300 bucks normally thats funny

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what's funny is that he doesn't deliver to his paying customers, yet Dan got his for free and on time!

15. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Dan, who moved your centers on your rims, and to what BS did they move them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have hummer rims.. I have civilan beadlocks..

[​IMG]

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Oop sorry I meant krazie dan, not you. but your setup is cool too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Resemble is about it, Sewer lines have no business being that thick and new sewer line is green. Water line is blue unless its small stuff, meaning not a water main. Useless info. I know but hey..... what did you expect /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As pipe gets bigger diameter, the wall thickness has to go up to support the pressure rating. That is most likely normal schedule 40 PVC. They also make schedule 80 and 120 with even thicker walls. I would bet my Blazer that Daniel DOES NOT have that pipe specially made. 2 minutes on Google get this:

SCH 40 and 80 PVC specs

18. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Yeah, if they were custom made they would be one piece, with maybe one opening so you could decrease the diameter with a ratchet strap to get it into the tire and eliminate a point of failure. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As pipe gets bigger diameter, the wall thickness has to go up to support the pressure rating. That is most likely normal schedule 40 PVC. They also make schedule 80 and 120 with even thicker walls. I would bet my Blazer that Daniel DOES NOT have that pipe specially made. 2 minutes on Google get this:

SCH 40 and 80 PVC specs

[/ QUOTE ]
    All i was sayins is Water main line is blue, sewer is green. thats the main. Not pipe coming out of a pumpstation or water tower where naturally you do have to have a beefier pipe. Sewer main is some brittle, real thin stuff. Not pressurized so why make it heavy. Im just talking about the mains, not PVC in some industrial application

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hmm..I wonder....

size>>OD>>>>ID>>>>minwall
    16 16.000 14.940 .500

Cut one crack in it and what do you have?

Double beadlocks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif