Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

USAA Members?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Aug 23, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anyone here a USAA member? We just got our car insurance through them, and it's literally $100 less per month. Also opened a checking/savings account with them.

I'm thinking about a mortgage with them, but their a point higher than ING right now...

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah they are super cheap and a really good organization!!

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

do you have to be in the military?

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i do all my stuff with them bank and ins i think i could shop and find chepper but the service is just to good AAA++++ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    do you have to be in the military?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes or served or if your dad was in (like mine ) you can get on when you are 17 and apply foy your own ar 18 that is what i did - some thing like that

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, sort of, we're in through my father in law, newly retired army Sergeant Major (I think, not real sure).

The benfits are great, I can't believe we waited five years to switch over to them.

6. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just make sure to keep one account open with them at all times and you can open up more accounts as you need them.
    Once you completly drop everything with them as a dependent you can not get back in.

My wifes father was in the Air Force and we have our auto ins. through them. I do think you can find cheaper services but like it has already been said the customer service is the best.

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I am. Have been for quite a few years. Have my auto, home and some investments thru them as well. I use to have Allstate cause they were the cheapest for me at the time until I finally called USAA..and yes, I saved at least $100 a month /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm a member also.

I have their credit card and my main checking account is with them. Later this year I'm going to switch to their auto insurance as well.

9. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, usaa is awesome all around for whatever you want or need. That is strictly who we deal with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Remington

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'd be with them if it weren't for a deal my parents and I made with insurance... But after my tech school, I'm on my own with insurance, so USAA will probably be my choice...

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yep. Auto and homeowners policies. Love 'em.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

They can't insure homes in NY for some reason... Odd, but I guess it's our communistic laws here....damn liberals....

13. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

yup, me too. haven't gotten the bank account openned with them yet, but going to soon. i wanted to wait until all of my travel pays were deposited before i cahnged accounts so none of it would disappear.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

They're open 24 hours, too.

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just make sure to keep one account open with them at all times and you can open up more accounts as you need them.
    Once you completly drop everything with them as a dependent you can not get back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, not true. We dropped USAA to go with Progressive about 2 years ago. After dealing with Progressive's constant price hikes and crappy service, we decided to switch back to USAA. Just a few mins on the phone and we were back in buisness! I've got my homeowners and auto ins through them. Had one wreck with them and they covered everything. I mean everything. The adjuster even paid for one wheel that had a scratch in the clear coat. He wrote me a check for all the costs and I had the work done for half as much and spent the rest on a snazzy paint job (I twas 16). Still impresses me about that wheel. I bet progressive won't do that.