Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

USC Beating The Snot Outa OK

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by behemoth, Jan 4, 2005.

1. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

:yikes: I was really hoping for a more evenly matched game. Kinda lends a little credence to Auburns claims to the championship.

2. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

IMO Auburn would be destroyed by S.C.

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

ummmmm..........NO, but a horrible game :surepal::surepal::whistle:

4. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Agree!! Auburn is a GREAT team. Like everyone has been saying if you can go undeafeted in the SEC you should have a shot at the title. I am by no mean a Tiger fan but they deserved the shot!!

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

With the way Auburn appeared to struggle against VT I would lean more toward Oklahoma would have destroyed Auburn... not sure what to think about USC vs Auburn.

As for Auburn claiming part of the title... I think they are a kick-ass team and definitely had a great season, but they had an easier schedule than Oklahoma (Louisiana Monroe? The Citadel?).

I will admit that I was shocked by the sound ass-whooping that USC gave Oklahoma, I figured it would be a good game... similar to the Auburn/VT game, a game that would come down to the 4th quarter to find the winner.

Now we are all going to hear whines about "if Oklahoma hadnt turned the ball over ..." but we all know that NOT turning over the ball is a fundamental part of winning a football game, and if you cant maintain posession and your opponent can, they either have a fundamental skill that you dont, thier defense is just kicking the hell out of your offense, your quarterback/running back is having a bad game or simply they are better prepared for your offense than your offense was for thier defense. Any way you want to swing it, turnovers are one of the things that define a team as "good" or "bad".

I dont remember who said it (actually I do) but I remember someone saying something along the lines of "We play defense here"... I am wondering where that defense was tonight. 340+ passing yards, around 200 yards rushing...

It was a great game if you were a USC fan, terrible if you were an Oklahoma fan... and kinda boring if you were neither.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I don't see BRB saying anything...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah, where's Bubba?

I'm just glad I got my game...#21 Texas Tech beats #4 Cal 45-31:cool1:

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I think he's out back with a bottle of JD and his favorite ewe having a consolation party..........:whistle: :haha:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm right here. I finally left the TV alone after our second possession of the second quarter. That was some bad medicine last night. USC beat us like yesterday's pancakes, no doubt. The turnovers cost us. Oh well. But I think there is a bigger problem than just the turnovers.

It was funny seeing USC exploit that flaw they found in our defense in the middle and keep on using that to score. Even though I had to hate the guy last night, that fullback USC has was fun to watch. The guy's a brick craphouse.

As for Leinhart and Bush, they still didn't impress me. Yeah Leinhart had a career game, but he wouldn't have had it without those receivers who received no credit from the announcers. It's one thing to throw the ball, but those receivers were catching balls that were uncatchable. At one point, one of them had one of our DB's mugging him like they were in Compton, and he still caught it. If anyone deserved the MVP last night, it was the USC receivers.

As for us and next year, maybe Stoops will decide on a quarterback that actually has more than one skill and a gameplan with more than one option. I think one of the old Switzer teams would have ran USC into the ground last night, but because Stoops is so dedicated to his one dimensional gameplans, we play a team that can stop it, we get a crapfest of a game like last night.

So in closing, USC deserved what they got last night and congrats. If we get another year of this crap though, Bob Stoops should go to the NFL. I'd rather suffer through several losing seasons and coaches than becoming the Atlanta Braves of NCAA football...............

10. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

What about Boise State? Yea the lost to louisville by 4 points, but they to were undefeated until that game, and had also won 22 games straight. I just think the hole B.C.S. is a screwed up system, but thats just my opinion.

11. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think we are on the same page in saying the BCS is screwed up! I was just saying how hard it is to go undeafeted in the SEC and not have anything to show. As far as strength of schedule between Auburn and OK how can you say that OK had a stronger schedule than Auburn(what the hell am I defending auburn for I hated them about a month ago while they were playing my team VOLS!!) Did'nt Auburn play more RANKED teams than them?

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Don't believe so.................

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I stand corrected according to ESPN.

Auburn beat the 4,5, 10 and 15 ranked teams at gametime.

OU beat the 5,20 and 22 ranked teams at gametime.

We can delve deeper into this discussion because Auburn beat Georgia late in the year and OU beat Texas a month earlier and these teams were #5 at the time.

I could really care less. I'm pissed cause OU lost the way they did. I'm happy that Jason White is finally gone. I'm pissed cause Bob Stoops is probably gonna stick with the same tired gameplan.

14. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

:what: Now Im not going to say OU is a bad team, they deserved to be up in the top with the rest of those teams, but Auburn had a tougher schedule this year.

Bubba, sorry to see your boys get beat like that, I was hoping for a really good game. OU has had some really great years and hopefully they will get their chance next year. Hopefully the gators can pull something from their a** next year and beat some teams. All I ask is that we beat FSU, Georgia, Miami and Tennessee, thats not asking to much is it:D . Good season all around, can't wait for next year:)