Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Use Your Blinker! road rage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., May 16, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Maybe it's just because i live in the bay area here....
    I think i've found one source of road rage for me.
    When people don't use their blinker in front of me... And then they feel it is necessary to come to a complete stop before turning into the driveway. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Or cut me off without a blinker or nuthin.

Why don't people use their blinker? Isn't that what it is there for? Now when people cut me off or turn without warning I yell at them "Use your blinker!"

Anyone else found a source to their own Road Rage? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

so are you going to yell " USE YOUR BLINKER" or just yell "ERIC"!!!!!

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It drives be bugsh*t when someone passes me, then slows down so I have to slow down. It really get's to me with heavy oncoming traffic so I can't pass them !!!!! Also hate it when someone pulls out in front of me without looking for oncoming traffic. Almost nail a furd today becouse of that. You can belive I gave the mooron the 1 finger salute as I passed him.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL.. Don't take it out on me /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh look at that SOB, he's pullin' an Eric.....hehehehe/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

The blinker thing generaly pisses me off too, as does the pass me, then slow down thing, almost as much as the speed up while I'm trying to pass thing,(they lose against my BBC tho) or people talking on thier celphone, while applying makup in thier mirror, with a coke in one hand, and an appointment book accross thier lap, while merging across 7 lanes of traffic for the exit they're going to miss in another few moments. yes, I've seen it, and more then once, with a few minor variations...

the thing that pisses me off most, is every single POS ricer in the state has taken it upon themselves to line up with me at every stoplight, and gun thier little leafblower engines at me while they wait for the light to turn green... if I race them, I immediately stomp them. if I don't, when I catch them at the next light, they look up at me, and point as if they beat me in a race...

oh, the other thing that pisses me off.. NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO GET IT THROUGH THIER DAMN HEADS! every single light in the state of AZ is TIMED to either 40 or 45 MPH. IF YOU DRIVE AT 50, YOU WILL HIT THEM ALL RED, AND MAKE ME HAVE TO STOP AT THEM BECAUSE YOUR DUMBASS IS PARKED THERE AS THE LIGHT IS TURNING GREEN. just a minor irritation FROM COMPLETE JERKS...

-Rich

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the blinker thing dont bother me much but the damn slow ass people in the fast lane do /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Fast lane..HA! No such thing. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I hate when people don't use their blinkers...but I met a lady that did, and thoguh she had the right of way because of it. I was coming up to an intersection, which had a left tunr lane. I was in the lane next to it, and there was an Expedition pointed toward the turn lane in the lane to the right of me. She had her blinker on, and I knew she was gonna cut me off, as she inched forward when I got closer. The light was green, but turned yellow, so she was blocking traffic. I saw she was moving, and swerved into the turn lane, then back around to the lane she was originally in, to avoid the car sitting in front of me, and since she was blocking traffic, there was a gap. It muct have looked really sweet...anyway, bot of us roll dow nthe windows and this biatch yells at me that she had her blinker on, so she had the right of way...I told her you do't get the right of way any time you have your blinker on, and your not supposed to change lanes that close to an intersection, then asked her what MF'er taught her how to drive...she said something about white people and then drove off, but I did manage to throw a few pennies at her truck before she was gone....damn that was long....just a rant on how stupid people are.

11. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Okay... Driving while talking on the cell phone is another one of those things that i can't stand.
    Sometimes i find myself spontaneously yelling "Get off your damn cell phone!" at drivers around me.
    I've seen people swerving worse than drunks just cause their holding their cell phone in one hand, and their cigarette and starbucks coffee in the other.
    ARRGGGHHHHH!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

This lady drifted into my lane the other day while touching up her lipstick. I was so upset that I served and dropped my electric shaver into the coffee I was holding between my knees which splashed all over my open newspaper which caused me to accidently swear into my cell phone while talking to my mom.

tom

that's not my origional idea, but I thought it was funny

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

the good part about driving a 7 foot tall truck is my lights are just at mirror level, so when people cut me off or go 25 in a 45 zone.... i can just pull up behind them and hurry them up a little.

15. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I can relate to that one Branndon. Cut me off at nite and your getting the high beams in your rear view mirror. Go ahead....stand on the brakes.....I DARE YOU! You WILL lose. I dont do it for long. Just long enuff for them to know they have pissed me off.

Another thing that burns me is people pulling trailers. Do they forget that they have that extra 20 feet behind them or something? I had a Yota pulling a good size trailer w/ about 6, 4 wheelers on it. The truck itself cleared me....The trailer on the other hand didnt. If there had been someone in the turn lane next to me I would have had to remove his trailer for him. I was able to make a kwik swerve and barely avoided hitting him.

One morning on my way to work I had a semi pull out in front of me. Let me see what are my options.....hit em in the side and go under ( I was driving my little Subaru )....or aim for the wheels and at least not get decapitated. WHEELS IT IS! Fortunately the car next to me seen what was going on and gave up the other lane. Gave him the single finger salute as I went by, then got caught at the lite just up the road. I was bailing out of the car to confront him when the lite turned back green and he pulled off. (ever notice how long it takes to fumble w/ your seat belt, unlock the door and get out of the car, when your frazzled?!?!) I think seeing smoke coming off my tires as I was trying to not hit his rig, me swerving, flipping him off, then jumping out of the car up the road made my point at least.

16. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

magnetism,

the car behind you is being dragged along by the magnetic pull of your vehicle,
    until they pass you then they must fight that pull which slows them down.
    I deal with that constantly when trying to overtake, 50 mph when I am behind them, 65 when I am alongside them.
    it has to magnetism.

17. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I was almost sideswiped just after climbing the hill from the columbia river last week.
    as I looked down to see WTF he was doing I noticed his ol lady was laid across the bench seat talking into his microphone.
    wadaya gonna do

18. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

CALL THE COPS!

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like a Kodac momment