Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Used lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris87K5, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy that has a '79 pickup with a 4" lift sitting in his yard and he said I could have the lift if I take it off. My question is what parts do I need to take? I know it has blocks in the rear but I'm not sure what's in the front. I'm sure the shocks aren't any good so I will need new ones. Also would putting on a used lift be a bad idea? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I figured since it is free I will take advatage of it.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

used lifts are fine...just watch for cracked leafs in the front springs...but what ya need off of it is basicly the front springs, blocks, steering arm if it has one on it...and everything else i would buy new...brake lines and shocks...u bolts should be replaced...in theori the u bolts should be replaced everytime up pull them off because after they have been torqued it streches em...but i have reused mine many times without any problems