Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

used np205...how much?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Aug 29, 2001.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Simple question...about how much should a used (but 100% working) np205 cost me?

Info appreciated, thanks!!

Jason

2. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i paid 400 for 1 about 8 months ago
    but i dont know if that was to much, i just needed it and the guy had 1

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Also price depends on what trans you are getting it for. Usually the oned for a th400 cost the most. I am getting a 400/205 with driveshafts and crossmember and everything to convert my 89 for $500.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

If you buy it from a person, it should be between 300 and 500. 500 for a completely rebuilt one. I found mine at a junk yard and paid 150. All it needed was a little cleaning, ok a lot of cleaning, and new seals. It took me a while to find the one I was looking for though.

Good things come in small packages. Good things come to those who wait. So, if you're waiting for a small package, that must *really* be sweet.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I see your from Washington, it all depends on the Washington market (supply vs. demand) and luck. I have seen guys pay 400+ for one and I have seen guys stumble upon ones where the person who owned it didn't know what they had and picked it up for 50. From what I have seen, if you are buying from someone who knows what they have and it is 100% working it is going to cost 200 or so. Add more for a 400 version and if you want the adaptor and shifter. Again it's going to be supply and demand, if you can find alot in your area you may be able to talk the price down, but if there is a limited supply expect to pay $$$.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot</a>

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Now you guys don't bring no guns, bats, knumb chucks or no knives. It will be a fair fight with fists only. Last one standing with cash in hand will get it.
    communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

7. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

I'm running a Ford NP205. First one was $20 (Cdn), 2nd was $50 (Cdn). I think I'll get the 3rd for another $50 after seeing this thread... Was given a Dodge 'case too...

--Rob