Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

using a p.u. bed floor to repair my blazer??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Mar 22, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My 87 blazers rear floor is in sad shape. I am using neals (mudzer) rear brace from the tech section to put tailgate back in place. I have an 8' box with a solid floor, but the sides are shot. anybody ever try and use this to repair their blazer floor??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i think the corrugated [parts of the floors are the same, at least in 69-72 anyways and the tailgates were identical on those years and wheel tubs too, etc. not sure on 73-up though

good luck

3. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Go for it! I used part of one to fix the drivers side rear corner when mine was hit in the back. I cut out my old piece, then measured what I needed from the wheel well back, and the inner quarter out, then cut myself the same size piece out of the 8' floor. Worked great, even bolted to my wheel well. Technically you could cut it down at the front and the back, and use the whole piece if your floor is real bad. Otherwise just cut out patches. And the corrugated lines are the same.

Good luck

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am gonna try that. We were working on it the other day and even the wheel wells are rotted where they bolt to floor! I am gonna try and replace the entire rear floor. I just gotta decide if I am gonna try and keep the rear seat in, It's out now. I'll have to build a brace for the seat to bolt to. I am also gonna have to find another cover for the fuel hose in the back. Thats all rotted too!!