Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

using a vacuum guage for setting idel etc

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boots, Dec 5, 2002.

1. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

Somewhere this wek or last I read a article on using a vucuum guage for setting idle and other such things. Now I can't sem to find it, I did a search here and came up with one thread in the second gen forum that was helpful but it seems to me that I was reading somewhere else, ie different website altogether. Anyone have any decent links that I should check out?
    Thanks
    me

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Check out www.centuryperformance.com/vacuum.htm
    They have a ton of good info. and the above shows how to use vacuum gage readings to tune your carb or motor. Plus they have a ton of tech stuff. One of the better places I have found for information. Later Slider /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

Thanks slider dont think that was the site I was looking at before but that ones got much more information on other stuff that I found interesting.

as for being a pavement pounder well I'll let ya spot me, if I ever get this dang money pit on the road/trail. between vacations, bad weather, broken fingers etc etc, I haven't been working on it much.