Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

using small springs for body bushings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jim Johnson, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson Registered Member

my S-10 body gets twisted up when I flex out my truck, and I am constantly tightening the cab mounts. Have any of you thought of replacing body bushings with some sort of small spring that will absorb the frame flex?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A friend of mine always tells me how his dad used engine valve springs. Anything else I would think would just compress no problem.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

a guy in my club did this to the front body mounts on his core support on his 88 k5, the thing would get flexin to much, and hed wind up breaking mounts all the time, so when he repaced the mounts, he put some springs in there, so now there spring louded and can flex around with the frame, with out puttin to much stress on them. works pretty good, ive thought about doing this to my pickup, cause my front mounts are currently broke for the same reasons..

also another guy that wheels wih us, with a k5 on 44's, has just one mount right in the middle with a spring, so that thing gets some really good flexin going and just tilts from one side to the other, with out breakin nothin..

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have 1 spring mounted in the center of rad support. I kept tearing and crushing rad supports.
    [​IMG]

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

so u have just one mount in the middle..?