Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Usps Sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sandawgk5, Jun 24, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I bought some front springs from a member here and He held up his end and shipped them upon receiving payment. My rant is not with him, it is with the Good 'Ol US Postal Service. Due to the weight of the springs he had to ship them as two seperate packages. Well to make a long story short it has been a week and a half and I have received 1 4 inch lift spring. The other spring is somewhere in the US. It was only coming from Bakersfield to San Diego you would think it would not be that difficult. :mad: And the "tracking system" for the USPS does not track anything but delivery. I have made calls and all I get is the damn recording that says there is no data for the "tracking #" that you entered. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do or any experiences of the like. My wife seems to think it will finally find its way to me but I kinda wanna keep working on the truck. Rant off.

Thanks for any help

Ira

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Yer never gunna get em. I sold a fender to someone on ebay. After a month and a half, I finally just gave him his money back. Once again, no record of the transaction and USPS was not responsible.

If I had the money, I would like to put a GPS unit in the mail and see where that stuff goes..... :confused:

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I hope he insured it... That sucks, I'd give it another week and then file a claim. USPS is totally unpredictable with speed, I'm sure a large package slows them down even more. I've gotten things in the mail overnight, and I've gotten things in the mail after a week. No rhyme or reason, just the way the mail flows...

4. oldassjeep

oldassjeep Registered Member

I had the same problem on a lift kit I bought. One spring arrived on time the other ????. I called the guy I bought it from and he had the factory driop ship another. 2 months later, the front spring arrives to my door.

I don't get it, but the guy don't want it back and so I have a brand new 4" spring sitting the the garage. I guess that is compensation for the agrivation.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Gotta use UPS, Fed Ex or one of those if its remotely important. USPS can't track anything well.

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

So I guess I am just ass out, eh? I hope that is not the case. I am not angry at anyone I am just a little pieved with the postal service. I hope this thing shows up and I am not just waiting for no reason. :(